OAS Exam Pattern:
The Odisha Administrative Services (OAS) exams are conducted by the Odisha Public Service Commission. The OAS exams are modeled after the UPSC Civil Services examination. The OAS is conducted to choose the most eligible and capable candidates for the various vacancies in the administrative cadre of the state government administrative machinery. The OAS exam pattern is essential for the foolproof preparation of the exam by the aspirant.
The OAS exam comprises of various stages. These include the following:
- Preliminary exam
- Main exam
Preliminary OAS exam pattern:
- The exam is a pen and paper based offline exam.
- The exam consists of multiple choice objective questions.
- Candidates are provided with an OMR sheet to mark the correct answers to the questions asked.
- The exam consists of 2 papers, i.e. Paper 1 and 2.
- The duration of each paper is 2 hours/ 120 minutes each.
- The total weightage of the exam is 400 marks (200 marks for paper 1 and 2 respectively).
- The marking scheme is as follows:
- Incorrect answer: – 0.25 marks will be deducted.
- The medium of the exam is English/ Odiya.
Main exam OAS exam pattern:
- The exam is a pen and paper based offline examination.
- The exam consists of descriptive type questions.
- The exam consists of 9 papers which includes 5 sections which are as follows:
- Paper 1: Odia Language
- Paper 2: English
- Paper 3: English Essay
- Paper 4: General Studies 1
- Paper 5
- General Studies 2
- Paper 6 and 7: Optional subject 1
- Paper 8 and 9: Optional subject 2.
|Paper 1: Odia Language||300||3 hrs|
|Paper 2: English||300||3 hrs|
|Paper 3: English Essay||200||3 hrs|
|Paper 4: General Studies I||300||3 hrs|
|Paper 5: General Studies II||300||3 hrs|
|Paper 6 & 7: Optional Subject I||300 in each paper||3 hrs for each paper|
|Paper 8 & 9: Optional Subject II||300 in each paper||3 hrs for each paper|
- The duration of each exam is 3 hours/ 180 minutes each.
For any further queries regarding OAS exam pattern check the website at www.opsc.gov.in .