Nursery Admission 2020-21 Delhi:
As soon as the air becomes a little crisp, the season of autumn sets in and marks a change of weather and seasons. The season also marks the hurried rush of parents to seek admission to nursery in Delhi. The month of August sees a flurry of activity as far as the parents are concerned, rushing from one school to another with little cubs running closely behind. Nursery admissions 2020-21 have already begun. Most of the schools in Delhi and NCR have taken out forms and are in the process of finalizing the list of students to be enrolled for nursery classes for the 2020-21 session.
Most of the schools in Delhi have set their own guidelines for admissions to the nursery. But all schools have to comply with the rules laid down by the state directorate of elementary education. These rules are as follows:
- The school has to give preference to students residing within a 1 km radius of the school.
- There is a uniform age limit for granting admission to students enrolling for nursery.
- Many schools conduct a random lottery system to grant admission to students in case the number of application are many.
- Most schools follow a first cum first serve basis for granting admission to students in the nursery.
- The minimum age of the student seeking admission to nursery should be 3 years on or before 30th March of the academic year. There is no upper age limit, however.
- The application form for admission can be downloaded online from the school website. Some schools though, continue to give forms offline as well.
Most of the schools in Delhi release notifications for nursery admissions 2020-21 Delhi in all the major vernaculars and also online on the respective websites. Interested parents can check online for details and apply accordingly.