NIT Trichy Ph.D. Admission 2020:
The National Institute of Technology was established in 1964 at Trichy by the Government of India as an autonomous technological institute. NIT Trichy offers numerous undergraduate, postgraduate and research programs. NIT Trichy Ph.D. admission 2020 has been notified online on the website of the Institute for interested candidates.
NIT Trichy has released a notification for admission to its PhD program for the July 2020 session. NIT Trichy offers PhD in the following categories:
- Internal category
- Full time Stipendiary category
- Full time Non-Stipendiary category
- Part time category
Interested candidates can pursue PhD in various disciplines. These include the following:
- Engineering: Civil, Chemical, Mechanical, Metallurgical, CSE, EEE, ECE, Energy and Environment, Instrumentation and Control, Materials and Production.
- Computer Applications
- Management Studies
- Science: Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics
- Humanities: English, Economics
Date of start of registration of application: 28th April 2020
Last date to submit completed application: 28th May 2020
- SC/ ST/ PwD candidates: 200/-
- OC/ OBC – NCL candidates: 500/-
- The application fee must be paid online through credit or debit card or other net banking options and also through State Bank icollect mode.
|For Ph.D. in Engineering||The candidate must possess a Bachelor’s and Master’s / M.S. (by Research) degree in Engineering / Technology in the relevant branch of study with a qualified GATE score obtained in the last five years from the closing date of application form and with a minimum of 60% (or above) aggregate marks (CGPA ≥ 6.5/10) in UG and PG for admission under OC/OC-EWS/OBC-NCL category and 55% aggregate (or above) marks or equivalent CGPA of ≥ 6.0 for SC/ST/PwD candidates.|
|For Ph.D. in Sciences||The candidate must possess a Master’s degree in Mathematics/ Chemistry/ Physics with a qualified GATE score (obtained in the last five years from the closing date of the application form)/NET/ UGC/ CSIR/ NBHM score and a minimum of 60% aggregate marks or equivalent CGPA of 6.5/10 in B.Sc and M.Sc for admission under OC/ OC-EWS/ OBC-NCL category or a minimum of 55% aggregate marks or equivalent CGPA of 6.0/10 in B.Sc and M.Sc for admission under SC/ST/PwD category.|
|For Ph.D. in Humanities & Social Sciences||The candidate must possess a Master’s degree in the relevant discipline of Humanities/Social Science/Economics/Business Administration/Commerce/Statistics with a qualified UGC/ NET/ CAT/AIMA/ XAT/ MAT and a minimum of 60% aggregate marks or equivalent CGPA of 6.5/10 in UG and PG for admission under OC/ OC-EWS/ OBC-NCL category or a minimum of 55% aggregate marks or equivalent CGPA of 6.0/10 in UG and PG for admission under SC/ ST/ PwD category.|
- The candidate must register online with a valid Email ID and mobile number.
- The candidate must complete the application formalities and appear for a written test/ interview as specified by the respective department.