NIT PHD Admission 2020
The National Institute of Technology or NIT is a chain of premier institutions for higher learning run by the Government of India. Along with the IIT’s, the NIT’s have been declared Institutions of national importance by the government. There are a total of 31 NIT’s across India and are considered the premier institutes for engineering in the country. the NIT PhD admission 2020 has been notified by the various institutes on their portals and in all major vernaculars of the country.
Here are the details of the NIT PhD admission 2020:
NIT conducts admission for PhD twice a year, once in June to July and the other January to December every year respectively. The category of NIT PhD is as follows:
- Full-time stipendiary
- Full-time project
- Full-time nonstipendiary
- Part-time external
- Part-time on campus
Selection procedure: A written test is conducted for NIT PhD admission 2020. The shortlisted candidates are called for an interview conducted by the Department of Research Committees.
- The candidate must have completed M.Tech/ ME/ M.Pharm/ M.Arch in relevant discipline with a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate from a recognized technical institute/ university.
- The candidate must have passed B.Tech/ BE/ B.Pharm/ B.Arch/ MCA with a minimum of 65% marks in aggregate from a recognized university/technical institute.
- The candidate must have completed M.Sc/ MBA/ PGDBM/ PGDM/ M.Com/ MA/ MBBS/ BDS with a minimum of 55% marks in aggregate from a recognized university.
- The candidate must have completed ICWAI/ CA with graduation in any discipline.
- For a full-time institute sponsored research scholar category, the candidate must have a valid GATE score/ NET qualification as specified by MHRD.
- There is a marks relaxation of 5% for SC/ ST candidates.
- A no-objection certificate is required from candidates under the E and G categories.
- A NOC is required in case of part-time sponsored research scholars as well.
Interested candidates can log in to the respective web portals of the NIT’s for NIT PhD admission 2020 for any further queries or details.