The National Institute of Open Schooling or NIOS was formerly known as National Open School is the board of education under the Union Government of India. The name of this school was changed in the year 2002. The institute was established by the Ministry of Human Resource Development of the Government of India. The institute was founded on 3rd November 1989. The aim of the university is to provide education to the remote areas in order to increase literacy in such areas.
The national institute of open learning administers examinations for class 10th and class 12th. The institute is a national board that is similar to CBSE & CISCE to increase literacy and provide quality education to both rural and urban areas of the country. The headquarter of the university is in Noida. The academy also provides various vocational courses after completion of the school that is 12th.
The admission process for the year 2019 is as follows.
- National Institute of Open Schooling or NIOS has recently released the NIOS Online Admission Form for the interested candidates for the academic year 2018-19.
- Candidates who are willing to take admission in the university can fill the application form online. The candidates can take admission in the classes 10th and 12th by filling the form through online mode before the last date.
- It shall be noted that there are four streams that are available for the admission process. Interested candidates have to select stream one for the admission in the class 10th or 12th.
- Stream 1 of NIOS portal is for online admission doe the interested candidates. Within the stream, there are two blocks. Admission for the candidates as per this block remains open throughout the year.
- Block I mean that the admission process will remain open from March to July and Block II-means that the admission process will remain open from September to January.
- Because of this, the NIOS conducts public exam twice a year. Once it is conducted in the month April-May. And the other one is conducted in the month October-November for the admission of the applicants in secondary and senior secondary classes.
- The stream for online Admission of the interested candidates is open for new Learners for April 2019 public examination. The deadline for the application is in October 2018. Before applying it is important to check the eligibility criteria laid down by the National school of open learning.
Eligibility for the students wanting to take admission in secondary and senior secondary classes is as follows.
- For secondary class, the candidates must have passed Class 8 and shall have a certificate for the same. The certificate shall be attested by Gazetted Officer. The age requirements for this class is minimum 14 years.
- For senior secondary class, the candidates must have passed class 1oth and shall have a certificate for the same. The student must have completed his 10th from a recognised board. The minimum age requirements for this class in 15 years.
Following is the online process by which the interested candidate can fill the form.
- Eligible and interested candidates are required to go to the official website of NIOS for the admission of the candidate.
- Next, the candidate Is required to check the instruction carefully before applying for the application online.
- After reading the instructions carefully, apply for the application form online. Carefully choose you stream (as explained above) and block.
- After the above process, the candidate has to go to the login page for online registration. The candidate has to fill the form after logging in. It shall be noted that the form shall be filled with true information else the form will be rejected by the university
- Next, the candidate has to deposit the fee amount through either Online or Demand Draft mode.
Do not forget to take the print out of it as a hard copy for future references.