Newtown School Admission 2020-21:
Schools these days have evolved from merely being places where education is imparted, instead, they have become the single most important influence in the lives of the many children who study here. Schools have become temples of learning where apart from education, the overall development of the child is also given equal importance. The Newtown School, Kolkata is one such school. Established in 2015, the Newtown School has been creating benchmarks for others to follow. Newtown School admission 2020-21 notification has been released on the school website.
The notification for admission has been released on the school website, interested parents and students can register themselves by using a laptop or desktop only.
For admission in the academic year 2020-21, the age criteria of a candidate as on 30th September 2019 should be as follows:
|Class||Age||Eligible Date of Birth|
|Nursery||2 years and above||1st October 2016 to 30th September 2017|
|LKG||3 years and above||1st October 2015 to 30the September 2016|
|UKG||4 years and above||1st October 2014 to 30th September 2015|
|I||5 years and above||1st October 2013 to 30th September 2014|
|For admission to class 2nd and above, the student must have studied in class I and above respectively in a formal and recognized school in the previous academic year.|
Class 5th to 9th admission:
Newtown School admissions are open for classes 5th to 9th which can be done online. Registration for Nursery – Class IV is closed.
- Registration fee of 2000/- must be paid online.
- The candidate must upload scanned copies of the required documents which include the following:
- Student’s data online form
- Recent passport size color photograph of the student and both the parents (one in case of a single parent/Legal Guardian).
- Child’s birth certificate (issued by the Municipal Corporation or any other competent authority)/adoption document (If applicable).
- Immunization Card.
- Mid-Term or Final Term report card of the current academic session (applicable for admission to classes II-IX).
- Final Term report card of the last class completed (applicable for admission to classes III-IX).
- Current residential address proof.
- Photo identity proof of the parents/legal guardian (Voter Card/Aadhar Card/Passport/Driving License).
- Permanent Account Number (PAN) of the parents.
- Legal documents in case of single parent, and relevant documents of local guardian (if applicable).
- A unique registration number will be given along with the admit card.
- The assessment for classes 5th to 9th will commence from 3rd March 2020.
- The dates for assessment/interaction will be allotted on first come first served basis.
- Selection procedure will include an assessment of the learning readiness which includes oral and written skills on the basis of the class applied for.
- The Transfer Certificate and Final Term Report Card/Mark Sheet from the last school attended must be submitted by the student within 7 days of commencement of the academic session.
Class 11th admission:
Commerce: The candidate must have secured at least 60% and above in aggregate in Class X Mid-term/ Selections/ Pre-Boards Exam.
Humanities: The candidate must have secured at least 55% and above in aggregate in Class X Mid-term/ Selections/ Pre-Boards Exam.
Science: The candidate must have secured at least 65% aggregate in Class X Mid-term/ Selections/ Pre-Boards Exam.
For any details regarding Newtown School admission 2020-21 check the website at www.ntskolkata.org .