New Medical Colleges in Tamil Nadu:
The career options for students after completing class 12th are aplenty and can get quite confusing. The option of choosing medicine, engineering with science, management, business administration, CA, CS, and others with commerce and a plethora of options with Humanities and social sciences can be draining. All states have colleges that are government-run or private for providing higher education to its students. The new medical colleges in Tamil Nadu add to the numerous other medical colleges in the state that offer plenty of professional career options to students.
The state of Tamil Nadu offers a total of 9000 seats in various medical colleges in the MBBS course. The central government has approved 6 new medical colleges while the state government of Tamil Nadu has also approved of 4 medical colleges. This takes the total number of new medical colleges in Tamil Nadu to 11.
- New medical college to be set up at Pattanamkathan in Ramanathapuram in an area of 22 acres.
- New medical college at Virudhnagar in an area of 20 acres.
- New medical college at Dindigul in a campus area of 20 acres.
- New medical college at Nilgiris on a campus of 20 acres.
- New medical college at Tirupur in an area of 20 acres.
- The new medical college is also proposed at Krishnagiri.
- New medical college at Tiruvallur.
- New medical college at Nagapattinam.
- New medical college at Ariyalur.
- New medical college at Kallakurichi.
These new medical colleges in Tamil Nadu lie in the unreserved areas of the state. Tamil Nadu has a total of 23 government-run colleges apart from 3 category B Institutions which include ESIC Medical College, Raja Muthiah Medical College, and IRT medical College. There are a total of 23 private medical colleges too. These medical colleges will help provide an opportunity for deserving candidates to pursue a career in medicine.