NET Exam Pattern Details:
The National Eligibility Test or NET is conducted for the post of ‘Assistant Professor’ or ‘Junior Research Fellowship’. The NET exam is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) on behalf of the University Grants Commission. The NET exam pattern has been specified by the UGC.
Date of start of application: 16th March to 16th April 2020
Admit card downloading: 15th May 2020
Date of NET exam: 15th June 2020 to 20th June 2020
Declaration of result: 5th July 2020
Mode of examination: Computer based online exam
- The candidate must have secured a minimum 55% in Master’s or equivalent degree for General/ EWS category.
- The candidate must have secured a minimum of 50% in Master’s or equivalent degree for SC / ST / OBC / PWD / Transgender candidates.
- Candidates who hold a PhD degree will be given a 5% relaxation in marks.
- There is no age limit to appear for NET for the post of Assistant Professor.
- To apply for Junior Research Fellowship, the candidate must not be more than 30 years of age.
- Age relaxation will be as per the guidelines laid down by the Government of India.
- OBC, ST, SC, PWD, Transgender and Women Applicants: 5 years
- Research Experience (only if the certificate is produced by appropriate university or institute): 5 years
- L.L.M. Degree: 3 years
- Armed Forces: 5 years
NET Exam Pattern:
The NET exam is conducted online wherein each candidate is assigned a desktop with pre-installed software created for the exam. The questions asked are objective and are Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) type. The NET exam comprises of two papers which are held consecutively without a break.
|UGC NET Paper||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
A cumulative time duration of 3 hours.|
Shift 1: 9.30 AM – 12.30 PM
Shift 2: 2.30 PM – 5.30 PM
The marking scheme is as follows:
|Type of Answer||Marks Allotted|
|Correct Answer||2 marks|
|Incorrect Answer||0 mark|
|No Answer||0 mark|
- General candidate: 1000/-
- OBC – NCL candidate: 500/-
- SC/ ST/ PWD candidate: 250/-
- The application fee can be paid via credit/ debit card or through net banking.
For any queries or further details about the NET exam pattern, the candidate must check the UGC website.