NEST Exam Pattern:
NEST or the National Entrance Screening Test is conducted by the Department of Atomic Energy Centre for Excellence in Basic Sciences (UM-DAE CEBS) – Mumbai University and the National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER), Bhubaneswar. The NEST exam is the gateway to getting admission in the above-esteemed institutions in the M.Sc programs. The NEST exam pattern helps candidates prepare for the exam in a meticulous manner.
Here are the details of the NEST exam pattern:
The NEST exam is conducted for all those candidates interested in pursuing an integrated M.Sc degree in the following subjects:
Date to start registration of application: 8th January 2020
Last date to submit completed application: 3rd April 2020
Date of release of admit card: 24th April 2020
Date of NEST exam: 6th June 2020
Date of declaration of result: 16th June 2020
- The candidate must have passed class 12th from a recognized board with at least 60% aggregate marks.
- The candidate must have passed class 12th in the year 2018/ 2019.
- Candidates appearing for class 12th exams in 2020 are also eligible to apply.
- The candidates must have studied a combination of 3 subjects from Biology/ Maths/ Physics/ Chemistry as compulsory subjects.
- The candidate should have been born on or after 1st August 2000 to be eligible for the exam.
NEST exam pattern:
- The Nest exam is a computer based online examination.
- The exam consists of multiple choice objective questions.
- The duration of the exam is 3 hours/ 180 minutes.
- The total weightage of the exam is 230 marks.
- The exam comprises of 5 sections. These include the following:
- Section 1: General
- Section 2: Biology
- Section 3: Chemistry
- Section 4: Maths
- Section 5: Physics
- Section 1 is compulsory for all to attend, while candidates can choose any 3 other sections for the remainder of the test.
- The marking scheme does not have any negative marking.
- A question might have more than 1 correct answer in the options given, the candidate must mark all the correct answers to get the marks for the question.
|Section||Number of questions||Marks|
For further details or queries regarding NEST exam pattern check the website at https://www.nestexam.in/ .