NEET Exam Pattern:
The National Testing Agency is responsible for conducting the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET). NEET is the exam that all those students aspiring to join medical programs like MBBS, BDS and others appear for. NEET exam pattern is a must as it helps aspirants to prepare according to the marking scheme, time duration and other requirements as specified by NTA.
Here are the details of the NEET exam pattern:
Date of NEET exam: 3rd May 2020
- The NEET exam will be an offline pen and paper based examination.
- The exam consists of multiple choice objective questions.
- Candidates have to answer the question on the OMR sheet provided for answering the questions.
- Candidate will be provided with a rough booklet for all rough work. The rough booklet has to be returned with the OMR sheet.
- The candidate has to mark the test booklet code on the OMR sheet.
- The medium of the exam will be in the following languages: English, Hindi, Oriya, Bengali, Urdu, Marathi, Assamese, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada and Gujarati.
- The duration of the exam is 3 hours/ 180 minutes.
- The exam consists of topics of class 11th and 12th from subjects Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- The exam consists of a total of 180 questions.
- The total weightage of the exam is 720 marks.
- The marking scheme includes negative marking. It is as follows:
- Correct answer: +4 marks
- Incorrect answer: -1 marks
- The candidate must attempt all the questions asked.
- Candidate cannot change the answer once attempted.
- Multiple answers will be considered incorrect and will be liable to negative marking as specified.
- The 3 subjects have the following breakdown of questions asked and the weightage of marks:
|Subject||Total Questions||Total Marks|
|Biology (Zoology + Botany)||90 (45 + 45)||360 (180 + 180)|
|Total||180 Questions||720 Marks|
For details on the syllabus and sample paper for NEET check the website at https://ntaneet.nic.in/Ntaneet/Welcome.aspx .