Navodaya Vidyalaya Admission 2020:
Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas are an endeavor of the Government of India to provide education for all, one of the most important fundamental rights of the citizens of India. Envisaged in 1986, the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas were set up to bring out talent from the rural areas of the country and give the talented children a platform to pursue higher education. The Navodaya Vidyalaya admission 2020 is conducted through the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test conducted by NCERT/ CBSE at an All India level.
Here are the details of the Navodaya Vidyalaya admission 2020:
The Navodaya Vidyalayas are affiliated to CBSE and offer education from class 6th to 12th. Admission is made from class 6th and through lateral entry to class 9th and 11th respectively. The school provides free books, stationary, uniforms, lodging and boarding for all its students. Only a Vidyalaya Vikas Nidhi of 200/- is charged from students of 11th and 12th.
Date of issue of application: 1st July 2019
Last date to submit application form: 30th September 2019
Date of examination: Phase 1: 11th January 2020 at 1130 am
Phase 2: 11th April 2020 at 1130 am
Date of issue of application: 24th October 2019
Last date to submit application form: 10th December 2019
Date of examination: 8th February 2020
- Candidates from a specific district and its boundaries will be eligible for admission to that Navodaya Vidyalaya.
- The student must have passed class 3rd, 4th and 5th without a gap in between.
- The candidate must be between the ages of 9 years to 13 years.
- A candidate can appear for the selection test for the respective class only once.
- Candidates must have studied class 3rd, 4th and 5th from the rural district to claim rural quota.
- Candidates under the NIOS must produce their rural status certificate issued by BDO/ DM/ Tehsildar.
Interested candidates must fill the application form for Navodaya Vidyalaya admission 2020 either online at the official website www.navodaya.gov.in or collect the application form from the Navodaya School or BDO or stationary shop. The duly filled form with the relevant details and prescribed documents must be submitted for seeking admission to Navodaya Vidyalaya.