National School of Drama Admission 2020:
Many a prominent entertainers in the country are an alumnus of the prestigious National School of Drama, New Delhi. These include eminent directors, actors, cinematographers, and others. The National School of Drama was established in 1959 as a constituent unit of the Sangeet Natak Akademi. The National School of Drama is governed by the Ministry of Culture, Government of India. The National School of Drama offers a highly intensive course which is based on a thorough, comprehensive, carefully planned syllabus and covers every aspect of theatre and in which theory is related to practice. The National School of Drama offers a 3-year training program to students apart from numerous other certificates and capsule courses and workshops. The National School of Drama admission 2020 has been notified by the Ministry on the official website.
Date of start of registration of application for admission: 28th January 2020
Last date to submit completed application: 28th February 2020
- The candidate must have completed graduation in any subject from a recognized university.
- The candidate must have participated in a minimum of 6 different theatre productions. The candidate must attach proof of the same in the form of any document like the certificate of participation, brochure, newspaper clips, leaflets and others.
- The candidate must have a working knowledge of English/ Hindi.
- The candidate must produce a letter of recommendation from at least one Theater expert.
- The candidate must be at least 18 years of age and not more than 30 years as on 1st July 2020.
- SC candidates: 4 seats are reserved.
- ST candidates: 2 seats are reserved.
- OBC and PwD candidates: 7 seats are reserved.
- The admission is conducted in 2 phases which includes the following:
- Preliminary examination
- Final examination workshop.
For any further details regarding the national school of drama admission 2020 check the website at http://onlineadmission.nsd.gov.in/nsd-admission-english.pdf .