This article is regarding Mtech from IGNOU. Indira Gandhi National Open University or popularly known as IGNOU is a distance learning national university providing admission through Open and Distance Learning mode. About 4 million people are enrolled with this university, IGNOU is claimed to the largest university in the world.
Candidates who wish to enrol themselves in this university must know that IGNOU exam 2019 will be held twice in a year. The first exam will be held in the month of January. The second exam will be conducted in the month of July. On clearing the exam, the candidates can get admission to various courses offered by the university.
Candidates who wish to apply in this university may follow the following steps
The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) is going to release the common prospectus for all courses in the month of January. Interested candidates shall read through the guidelines properly and fill the application form through online mode. Candidates cannot fill the form through offline mode.
The application will be available at the online portal of the university. The application once filled do not have any correction facility. Therefore, it shall be noted that the applicant must fill the form correctly. The application registration will begin in the month of January 2019.
There will be different dates for different programmes. So, the candidates must be very careful while choosing the course of his choice. Also, along with that, the candidates must carefully fill up all the details.
It shall be noted that while filling the application form, you must possess the documents such as scanned copies of a passport-size photograph, signature, DOB, BPL certificate, education as well as work experience, category certificate, etc.
The candidate is also required to submit the form and get a username from IGNOU right in your email ID or mobile phone.
Also, Candidates who are applying for OPENMAT examination are required to download the form and then fill it with required and correct details and send it to the following address:
Student Evaluation Division
IGNOU, MAIDAM GARHI, New-Delhi-110068
Visit the official portal of IGNOU – http://www.ignou.ac.in
- Search for the ‘Applicant Login’ tab. The users who are new to the portal need to register themselves by clicking on the ‘Register Yourself’ link.
- After that, Fill the details as per the instructions are given and register yourself.
- The interested candidates will receive the system generated user ID and password right in their registered email ID. Do not share your password with anyone.
- After logging in, the candidates can fill the application form. The details should be filled out carefully and properly.
- After that, upload the scanned images of photograph, signature, category certificate, qualification certificates, DOB, etc.
- Then, the candidate is required to make the payment of application fee. Note that the payment mode is online only.
- After completing the payment procedure, the candidate is required to click on the submit.
- It shall be noted that the candidate must take the printout of the confirmation page for future use.
Application Fee Payment is a follow:
The application fee prescribed by IGNOU is RS 200/-. It can either be paid either through credit card, debit card, net banking or via DD in favour of IGNOU.
Minimum Duration of MTech course is for 2 Years and Maximum Duration is for 3 Years. The course fee is Rs 205,080. And there is no minimum and maximum age bar for this course.
The eligibility for the students who wish to study M. tech from the university is as follows.
Graduates with a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/ Technology with a minimum 55% marks or equivalent grades in Electrical/ Electronics/ Communication/ Information Technology/ Computer Science/ Instrumentation or equivalent. Also, the student must have Basic knowledge of Data Communication and Networking Programming, Background in C and C+.