Military School Admission 2020:
The Military Schools in India are steeped in history as they were established as King George’s Royal Indian Military Schools. Primarily established to look after the education of the sons of the defense personnel serving in the Army at the times, the Military Schools continue to serve the purpose. The Military Schools have been reorganized and now offer admission to both civilians and wards of defense personnel too. Administered by the Directorate General of Military Training at IHQ of MOD (Army), the Military School is a category A establishment of the Indian Army. The Military School admission 2020 has already been notified in all leading vernaculars of the country.
Here are the details of the Military School admission 2020:
The Rashtriya Military Schools are situated at Bangalore, Belgaum (Karnataka) Ajmer, Dholpur (Rajasthan) and Chail (Himachal Pradesh). The schools are affiliated to CBSE.
A Common Entrance Test or CET is conducted every year in December for admission to boys only in class 6th and 9th respectively.
Date of start of application form:
Last date to submit application:
Date of entrance exam:
- Class 6th: The student must be between the ages 10-12 years as on 31st March 2020. The student must have been born between 1st April 2008 to 31st March 2010.
- Class 9th: the student must be between the ages 13 – 15 years as on 31st March 2020. The students must have been born between 1st April 2005 to 31st March 2007, to be eligible for admission to class 9th.
- A 6 months relaxation is given in the upper age limit to wards of personnel killed in action.
- Class 6th: The student must have passed class 5th from a recognized school.
- Class 9th: The student must have passed class 8th from a recognized school. Students studying in class 8th can appear for the CET.
Medical test: The candidate must appear for a medical test at the Military Hospital chosen by the Director General of Medical Services. The medically fit candidates will be offered admission in the Military School only.
For General Category: 600/- + 50/- (postal charge)
For SC/ST Categories: 300/- + 50/- (postal charge)
The application form is available through post by self-addressed slip and application fees including postal charge through Demand Draft payable at the respective Rashtriya Military School (in favor of “Principal, Rashtriya Military School”).
For any details and queries on the Military School admission 2020, you can check the official website at www.rashtriyamilitaryschools.in .