MHT CET Exam Pattern:
The Maharashtra State Common Entrance Cell Mumbai is responsible for conducting the Maharashtra Common Entrance Test. The MHT CET helps candidates secure admission to various Technology/ Engineering/ Pharmacy/ Agriculture. The MHT CET Exam pattern will come to the aid of the candidates appearing for the exam.
- The exam is a computer based online exam.
- The exam consists of multiple choice objective questions.
- The medium of the exam is English/ Hindi/ Marathi.
- The mathematics paper is conducted in English only, while the Physics, Chemistry and Biology papers are conducted in English/ Urdu/ Marathi.
- The exam is held for 2 groups which includes PCM and PCB.
- The exam consists of 3 papers.
- The duration of each paper is 1 ½ hours/ 90 minutes.
- The exam consists of 3 sections which include the following:
- The total weightage of the exam is 200 marks with 100 marks for each section.
- The marking scheme is as follows:
- Correct answer: + 2 marks in mathematics
+ 1 mark in Physics and Chemistry
- There is no negative marking.
|Paper I (Physics and Chemistry)||90||100|
|Paper II (Mathematics)||90||100|
- The exam is based on the syllabus of classes 11th and 12th.
- The weightage is as follows:
- Class 11th syllabus: 20% weightage
- Class 12th syllabus: 80% weightage
|Subject||Approximate number of questions||Marks per question||Total marks||Duration in minutes|
|Class XI||Class XII|
The MHT CET exam pattern is based on the syllabus specified by the State Board.
|Trigonometric Functions||Scalars and Vectors||States of Matter: Gases and Liquids|
|Straight Line||Force||Nature of Chemical Bond|
|Circle and Conics||Magnetic effect of electric current||Hydrogen|
|Sets, Relations, and Functions||Ray Optics||Alkanes|
|Probability, etc.||Frictions in Solids and Liquids, etc.||Surface Chemistry, etc.|
For any further queries regarding MHT CET exam pattern check the website at http://cetcell.mahacet.org/ .