MDU Ph.D. Admission 2019-20:
The Maharishi Dayanand University, Rohtak was established in 1975 with the motive to promote higher education and research in life sciences, ecology, and environmental sciences. Spread across a sprawling campus of 622 acres and comprising of 38 departments, 12 teaching blocks, 19 hostels and much more, the Maharishi Dayanand University or MDU as it is popularly known as has a very impressive academic background. The MDU has around 263 colleges affiliated to it. MDU offers numerous undergraduate, postgraduate, doctoral, diploma and certificate courses through regular and distance learning mode.
Here are the details of MDU Ph.D. admission 2019-20:
Course: PhD in various disciplines like English, Hindi, geography, History, Psychology, Political Science, Sanskrit, Sociology, Public admin, music, physics, chemistry, economics, education, commerce, computer science, botany, defense and strategic studies, foreign languages, genetics, journalism and mass communication and much more.
- The candidate must have secured a minimum of 55% marks or equivalent in the concerned subject.
- The candidate must have completed an M.Phil degree in regular mode from a recognized university with a minimum of 55% marks in the concerned subject.
- In case the candidate wants to pursue a research program in management, he should possess a master’s degree or equivalent with a minimum of 55% marks in Business administration, economics or commerce or postgraduate diploma in management from a recognized institution.
Seat reservation: The University has laid down rules for reservation of seats for various categories as per the guidelines of the state of Haryana.
Mode of application: Online
SC/ST of Haryana: 150/-
The candidate can pay the application fee online through internet banking or debit/credit card.
How to apply:
- The candidate can log in to the official website of MDU at mdu.ac.in
- The candidate can procure the prospectus from the MDU office for a sum of 150/-
- The application form has to be duly filled and submitted.
Selection procedure: the candidate has to appear for an entrance test as defined for NET by the UGC and CSIR/ICAR.
Interested candidates can log in to the website for any details or queries regarding MDU Ph.D. admission 2019-20.