This article allows us to understand the importance of MBBS in Russia eligibility, Russia is one of the most famous destinations for international students in the world because of its affordability. It is a popular destination for students who wish to pursue MBBS as it occupies almost 30 positions out of the top 100 universities according to the world health organisation. The students who have studied from Russian universities are now working in leading hospitals across the globe.
Also, MBBS in Russia is popular among international students because of the subsidized fee by the Russian ministry of health and education. there is a total of 57 medical universities in the country. out of these 57 universities, 12 of the universities provide MBBS in English medium. All universities in Russia are recognized by WHO and medical council of leading countries like USA, UK, India, Canada etc. Quality of education combined with low fee is the main reason why international students are attracted towards studying in the country.
Duration for MBBS in Russia in English medium is for 6 years. the students are also given a choice to study in Russian language and the duration for studying MBBS in the Russian language is 7 years, it includes one year of Russian language preparation. And the duration of course for the students who wish to pursue BDS and pharmacy is 5 years. Therefore, a medical study in Russia is very easy and affordable as any student from any place in the world can get direct admission into the medical colleges of Russia.
The average fee for MBBS in Russia is between 2.5 lakh to 5 lakh per year. A student carrying a Russian degree can practice anywhere in the world as the degree is recognizable worldwide. There are fully furnished hostels inside the universities for the foreign students. Also, for the students who living there in hostels, Indian canteens are available in most of the universities. The cost of living is also affordable. And all universities in Russia for medical courses are government universities.
Eligibility for studying MBBS in Russia is as follows.
- Students who wish to take admission in Russian medical universities must make sure that they have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology & English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate in the last two years of study that is in 11th and 12th, and the student must have the same subjects in 11th as he has 12th. For the students who belong to the reserved category, they must obtain 40% in aggregate in 11th and 12th.
- Interested candidate must make sure that they shall have completed the age of 17 years on or before 31st December of the year of admission to the MBBS course in Russian universities.
- There is no entrance exam in the Russian medical universities for the course and it is strictly on the first come and first serve basis.
- Also, The Health Ministry of India has made it clear that any Indian candidate who wish to pursue medical education from any foreign institute, on or after May 2018, will have to qualify the National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET). This is a compulsory criterion for the students who wish to study abroad. Earlier, NEET for only compulsory for the students who wish to study any medical course in India.
- The documents which are required for the admission in Russian universities are as follows.
- The admission form shall be dully filled with true and correct information.
- A Scanned copy of passing certificate and mark sheet of class 12th.
- A Scanned copy of mark sheet of class 10th.
- 6 Passport size coloured photographs of the candidate in white background of size 4.5cm x3.5cm
- A Scanned copy of the passport of the candidate (first and last page).