The Management Aptitude Test or MAT is conducted by AIMA which is the exam conducting agency. The MAT exam scores are accepted by numerous business and management schools across the country. MAT Syllabus is a must when you are preparing for the exam and aim to secure good merit.
Here are the details of the MAT syllabus:
The MAT syllabus has been released by AIMA. It comprises of 5 sections that include the following:
- Language Comprehension
- Mathematical skills
- Data Analysis and Sufficiency
- Intelligence and Critical Reasoning
- Indian and Global Environment
Each section comprises of 40 questions that have a moderate difficulty level.
Part 1: Reading Comprehension (RC) 20 questions
- Current affairs that have impact on social life, international affairs, Government policies and Schemes.
- Business & Economy related passages.
- Passages from English Literature books, articles and speech by great philosophers and thinkers.
- Passages on Science & Culture.
- Passages on abstract topics and fiction to test the comprehension skills of the candidates.
- Passages on historical events and mythology.
Part 2: Verbal Ability 20 questions
- Jumbled Paragraphs (3-4 questions)
- Error Correction of Verb, Noun, Pronoun, Adjective, Adverb and other parts of speech in the Sentences.
- Correcting the sequence of sentences in the paragraph (3-4 questions).
- Antonyms/Synonyms (5-6 questions)
- Fill in the blanks (3-4 questions)
- One word substitution (1-2 questions)
- Idioms/Phrases (2-3 questions)
Section-2: Intelligence and Critical Reasoning (40 questions)
- Fact Inference Judgment
- Passage Conclusion
- Statement Argument among others.
- Binary logic
- Seating Arrangement
- Blood Relations (Family Tree)
- Logical Sequence
- Linear and matrix arrangement
- Team Formation
- Direction sense and Decision Making
- Set Theory, Venn Diagrams, Network Diagrams
- Quantitative Reasoning
- Logical Reasoning based on Rankings
- Critical Reasoning
Section-3: Mathematical skills (40
Arithmetic (15-16 Questions)
- LCM and HCF
- Profit and Loss
- Interest (Simple and Compound)
- Speed, Time and Distance; Time and Work; Averages; Ratio and Proportion and others
- Number System (3-4) questions
- Elementary Mathematics
- Number System
- Mixtures and Allegation
- Unitary Method
- Commercial Maths
- Permutation and Combinations
- Sequence And Series
- Heights and Distance
Algebra (5-7 questions)
Geometry/Mensuration (6-8 questions)
- Coordinate Geometry
Pure Math (1-2 questions)
- Venn diagrams
- Linear Equations; Quadratic Equations
- Complex Numbers
- Logarithm; Progressions
- Binomial Theorem
- Surds and Indices
- Set Theory
- Mixtures and Alligations
- Co-ordinate Geometry
- Linear Programming
Section-4: Data Analysis and Sufficiency
- Data Tables
- Data charts
- Bar diagrams & Charts including Simple, Stacked, Composite Bar charts
- Pie charts
- Graphs – Line X-Y Graphs
- Data analysis and Data comparison among others
- Caselet based Data
- Venn diagram
- Data Sufficiency
Section-5: Indian and Global Environment (40
- Current affairs
- Business & Economics
- Devaluation and up valuation of Rupee.
- Business, National and International events
- Who’s who
- Constitution of India
- Currency and Capitals of the countries
- States of India
- International Organizations
- Monetary and fiscal tools
- Identification of personalities, companies and others
The MAT syllabus is a must for the methodical preparation of the MAT exam.