Places to Visit Near Nagpur:
The city that dominates the plateau region of the state of Maharashtra, Nagpur is one of the largest cities in the state. Famously known for its delicious and juicy oranges, Nagpur is also the center of the country as the zero milestone lies in the city. Connected well by train, road, and air, there are many places to visit near Nagpur and in the city too.
- Waki Woods: The wild outdoors beckon you if you love the outdoors. Camping activities, trekking, boating, archery are just some of the few of the activities that you can indulge in the Waki Woods. These are located just 30 km from the city of Nagpur.
- Ramtek Fort Temple: Located just 49 kms from the city of Nagpur lies the Ramtek Temple. Perched securely amidst the fort on a hilltop, the temple is steeped in Hindu mythology.
- Amba Khori: The waterfalls have been the star attraction of many a Bollywood movie. The Amba Khori waterfalls lie 80 kms from Nagpur and lie close to the banks of river Pench. Close to the waterfalls lies the Totladoh lake Dam with its shimmering water.
- Tadoba – Andhari Tiger Reserve: Some 169 kms from Nagpur lies the Tadoba – Andhari Tiger Reserve which boasts of the most tiger sightings in the state.
- Pench National Park: One of the most well-known national parks in the country, Pench served as an inspiration for Rudyard Kipling’s Jungle Book. The national park is some 159 kms from Nagpur.
- Adasa Ganpati Temple: Situated some 35 km from Nagpur, lies the revered Adasa Ganpati Temple. A serene setting and a quiet walk up some 40-50 stairs make the visit worthwhile.
The ideal time to visit Nagpur is from October to March when the weather hollers on the pleasant side. The places to visit near Nagpur are a must on your itinerary if visiting the city.