Places to Visit in Silvassa:
The capital of the union territory Dadr and Nagar Haveli, Silvassa is a quaint and quiet town. The distinct Portuguese influence is clearly evident in its architecture and culture of Silvassa. It is an amalgamation of Gujarati, Marathi, tribal and Roman Catholic population. Silvassa has emerged as a major industrial hub in the region that has contributed significantly to its growth and development. The places to visit in Silvassa add to its glamour and old-world charm.
- Dudhini Lake: The Lake is a major tourist attraction with many adventure water sports activities. The place has some very scenic landscapes if you are a nature lover.
- Khanvel: The natural splendor in all its glory is what makes Khanvel so spectacular. The blue waters of the Sakartod River meandering its way through the dense forest makes it even more enchanting.
- Vasona Lion Safari Park: The Lion safari park is a major crowd puller to Silvassa. It is located just 10 km from the city center and has a good lion population giving a glimpse to the tourists of the thriving wildlife population.
- Vanganga Lake Garden: A sprawling garden spread over 7 hectares and is located next to a lake. The beauty of the blooming flowers and the shimmering light playing on the lake water gives it an apt setting got a must place to visit in Silvassa.
- Tribal Cultural Museum: The museum houses some excellent pieces of art from the tribal population of the region. It showcases the life and tools of the tribals like hunting tools, masks, and others.
- Swaminarayan Temple: The gorgeous façade of the Swaminarayan temple attracts you to its premises.
- Other places to visit in Silvassa include Hirva Van, Vandhara Udyan, Tirupati Balaji Temple, Nakshtra Garden, Satmaliya deer park, Church of Our Lady of Piety, Bal Udyan, Bindrabin Temple, Island Garden Dadra park, Dudhini falls, Luhari, Kauncha tribal village, art and culture museum and many others.
These places to visit in Silvassa offer enormous opportunities to enjoy the scenic natural beauty, flora and fauna and also indulge in some serious fun water sports.