Places to Visit in Nashik:
The wine capital of India, Nashik blushes in its vineyards and many other beautiful religious sites. Lying on the banks of the river Godavari, Nashik is one of the most revered places of pilgrimage for Hindus. This is the place where Laxman is thought to have cut the nose of Shurpanakha according to the wish of Lord Ram, ever since the name has latched on for centuries! Lying on the western edge of the Deccan plateau, Nashik enjoys pleasant weather throughout the year. The places to visit in Nashik are aplenty and each has its own significance.
Here is a list of places to visit in Nashik:
- Saptashrungi: One of the most sacred places of worship dedicated to Goddess Saptashrungi, a visit to the temple is a delightful trek.
- Trimbakeshwar Temple: A place of immense importance for all Hindus in the country and abroad, the Trimbakeshwar temple is located in Nashik. The temple is also considered the source of the Godavari river. The temple is one of the 12 jyotirlingas of Lord Shiva that are revered by Shiva Bhakts.
- Panchvati: The site of the Maha Kumbh that is held every 12 years is one of the biggest tourist attractions in Nashik. Panchvati also houses in Ramkund, tapovan, Sundarnarayan temple, and the Naro Shankar temple.
- Kalaram Temple: Known for its black statue of Lord Ram, the name suggests it all. It is one of the most sacred Hindu shrines of all.
- Sita Gufa: A very popular tourist destination, the Sita Gufa is located near Panchvati and it is believed that Sita stayed here for some time.
- Pandavleni Caves: These caves are known as the Trirashmi Buddhist caves and very popular with visitors.
- Other places of interest include Anjaneri hills, Kapaleshwar temple, Muktidham, Salher Peak, Dugarwadi waterfalls, Sula Vineyards, Igatpuri Hill station, and many others.
Nashik is witness to the Maha Kumbh that takes place every twelve years. Its stature as a place of the pilgrim is immense as Nashik is one of the four places where the “amrit” or the immortal nectar fell. Places to visit in Nashik give you a reason to unwind and relax and sink in the glory of the place that is Nashik.