Places to Visit in Madhya Pradesh:
Madhya Pradesh literally translated means the central province. It is the heart of the country and is the 2nd largest state in India. The capital Bhopal and its many remarkable cities like Indore, Gwalior, Jabalpur, Sagar, Ujjain are steeped in history. Madhya Pradesh is home to some of the most historical sites from prehistoric times to places of unparalleled natural beauty and industrial hubs and much more. The state boasts of cities and towns that have a close connect with the heritage of the state and yet are moving ahead with the modern times. The paces to visit in Madhya Pradesh will leave you wanting for more.
- Beautiful Bhopal: The city of Lakes, Bhopal is home to some of the most beautiful manmade and artificial lakes. Places of interest include Moti masjid, Gauhar Mahal, Laxmi Narayan Mandir, Bhojtal, Taj-ul-masjid, Van Vihar national park, upper lake, Sadar manzil, and others.
- Magical Mandu: The city goes back to the 6th century BC as far as history is concerned. It has the biggest fort, Mandu Fort, along with the Hoshang Shah’s tomb which was an inspiration for the Taj Mahal. Afghan architectural influences are hard to miss. Places of interest include Mandu fort, Roopmati pavilion, Hindola Mahal, Hoshang Shah’s tomb, Jahaz Mahal, Rewa Kund and many others.
- Elegant Chanderi: The small town of Chanderi gives the most exquisite drape to the country. The chanderi sarees and the material is exclusive to the place. It has close to 1200 baolis and also houses the only Jama Masjid without the minarets. Places of interest include Badal mahal Gate, Battisi Baoli, Koshak mahal, Buddhi Chanderi, Parmeshwar Tal and many others.
- Splendid Orchcha: The small town has deep religious significance with its famous temples and chhatris. Places of interest include Raja Mahal, Jehangir Mahal, laxmi Narayan Temple, Chhatris and many others.
- Revered Sanchi: Declared a world heritage site, Sanchi hold immense importance for the Buddhists. Places of interest include the great stupa, Bija Mandal, Udaygiri caves, ASI museum and others.
- Sacred Ujjain: Also called the temple city, Ujjain is known as the Greenwich of India as the first meridian of Longitude passes through it. Places of interest include Kal Bhairav mandir, Mahakaleshwar mandir, Harsiddhi temple, mangalnath mandir, ram ghat and others.
- Adventure packed Jabalpur: One of the most scenic natural beauty can be found in Jabalpur. Places of interest include Rani Durgavati museum, chausat yogini mandir, balancing rock, Dumna Nature Park, Madan mahal fort, dhuandhar falls and others.
- National parks at Bandhavgarh, Pench, Panchmarhi, Kanha, Rewa, Panna and many others.
- Other places to visit in Madhya Pradesh include, Amarkantak, Khajuraho, Gwalior, Indore, Burhanpur, Chitrakoot, Tamia, Parsili, Mandsaur, Marihar, Datia, Maheshwar, Bhedaghat, Bhimbetka, Omkareshwar, Madhai, Hanuwantiya, Alirajpur, Sailani Island and many other places.
The state of Madhya Pradesh is a delight to traverse for any tourist with its diverse history and vibrant culture. A visual treat that stays etched in the memories of all those who visit the state. The places to visit in Madhya Pradesh will charm you in numerous surprising ways.