List of Colleges That Offer Culinary Arts Majors:
The art of preparing and cooking food, broadly covers culinary arts. A culinary arts course trains aspirants to prepare, cook as well as present food in an effective and attractive manner. So, if your passion for food runs deep, becoming a chef offers some of the most unique rewards of any profession.
Here is a list of colleges that offer culinary arts majors in India:
- Institute of Hotel Management, Pusa: One of the oldest and still the best institute for culinary arts in India. They offer a bouquet of courses to aspirants.
- Culinary Academy of India, Hyderabad: Affiliated to Osmania University, Culinary Academy of India offers 60 seats in the three year Bachelor Degree in Catering Technology and Culinary Arts program.
- International Institute of Culinary Arts, New Delhi: Established in 2003 in partnership with University College Birmingham, Edexcel UK and City and Guilds, UK, this is the best institute for culinary arts in the country.
- Institute of Hotel Management, Catering Technology and Applied Nutrition, Goa: First full-fledged food crafting institute under the government of India.
- Oberoi Center of Learning and Development, New Delhi: Established in 1996, you can secure admission at OCLD on the basis of interviews conducted on the Open Access days at Oberoi Hotels.
- Institute of Hotel Management, Aurangabad: This institute is a joint venture between Maulana Azad Educational Trust and the Taj Group of Hotels and is approved by AICTE.
- Welcomgroup Graduate School of Hotel Administration, Manipal: The training and development programme of WGSHA is recognised by the International Hotel Association, Paris and it is a constituent college of Manipal University since 2003.
As a culinary arts major, you’ll learn more than how to sizzle a steak or balance colors and textures on a plate. You’ll learn the ins and outs of running a kitchen, from keeping it sanitary to training assistants and much more.