Best South Indian Food in Delhi:
India is a land of many cultures so deeply intertwined that it becomes difficult to distinguish them. We, however, differentiate the various regions in India like North, East, West, and South. Each region comes with its own set of culinary distinctions and yet the love and adoration for the food stay as the binding factor. The first thing that comes to mind when we mention South Indian cuisine is definitely Idli, Dosa, Vada, Sambhar. In reality, South Indian cuisine is a rich amalgamation of delicate flavors infused by the sensuous spices that lend a special taste to it. The best South Indian food in Delhi can be found at restaurants that will tickle your palate and keep you coming back for more.
Here is a list of the best South Indian food in Delhi:
- Dakshin: Starting with the best, the Dakshin restaurant dishes out the best flavors from down south of the country. Its specialties include Fried Prawns, Appam, Malabar Paratha, Meen Varuval, Dakshin Yera, Chettinad Chops, Bendakai Pulusu, Ghongura Mamsam, Badam HalwaPrawn Curr and much more
Address: Sheraton Hotel, District Centre, Saket
- Juggernaut: An artsy restaurant that brings you closer to your roots. It serves some of the most appetizing south Indian fare. Its specialties include Cappuccino, Filter Coffee, Ghee Podi Idli, Appam, Thali, Gulab Jamun, Masala Dosa.
Address: Hs-16, Second Floor, Kailash Colony
- Carnatic Café: If you love South Indian food then this is the place to be. Excellent ambience and food to match, the Carnatic Café is one of the best place to have south Indian food in Delhi. its specialities include Onion Uttapam, Dahi Vada, Rice Idli, Rava Mysore Masala Dosa.
Address: M-21, M Block Market, Greater Kailash (GK) 2
- Andhra Bhawan canteen: The real deal, if you love authentic south Indian food. The Andhra Bhawan Canteen offers Andhra cuisine and its specialties include buttermilk, Guntur chicken, Andhra Thali, Mutton Fry, Chicken Fry, Andhra Meal, Hyderabadi Biryani, Veg Thali, Chicken Curry and more.
Address: 1, Ashoka Road, India Gate
- Saravana Bhawan: Simple interiors, a courteous staff but delectable food. Its specialties include Filter Coffee, Ghee Idli, Coconut Rava Masala Dosa, Paper Roast, Thali, Tomato Onion Uttapam, Rasam Papad and the fresh juices as well.
Address: P 13, Connaught Circus, Connaught Place (CP)
The list for the best South Indian food in Delhi is endless, but a good restaurant that offers supremely cooked food full of the authentic South Indian flavors can beat even the big players at any time.