List of Best Schools in Kolkata:
Kolkata has always been a vivarium of learning, culture and socio-political mores. Since time immemorial Kolkata has been the primary educational center. It has been home to many luminaries and thinkers and to this day produces some of the brightest stars of the country. Most schools follow the 10+2 pattern of education. After completing 10th (ICSE for CISCE affiliated schools and AISSE for CBSE affiliated schools) students enroll for higher secondary examinations (ISC for CISCE schools and AISSCE for CBSE schools). Kolkata has some of the best schools in the country.
Here is a list of best schools of Kolkata:
- LA MARTINIERE FOR GIRLS is one of the oldest schools of Kolkata established in 1836. The infrastructure includes a massive library, two huge auditoriums, athletic ground, basketball court, swimming pool, arts and music.
Address: 11, London Street Kolkata 700017. Phone: 033 4040 6612
- MODERN HIGH SCHOOL was established in 1942 and aims at stimulating the creative and critical thinking in young kids. The school offers education from nursery to class XII. The infrastructure includes planetarium, Laboratory, library, Computer laboratory, canteen, conference room, German Language room, multipurpose hall, sports ground, art studio, gymnasium, A-V room.
Address: Modern High School for Girls, 78, Syed Amir Ali Avenue, Kolkata-700 019, India. Phone: 033 2287 5326
- ST. JAMES SCHOOL was established in 1864 and is affiliated to CBSE and ICSE board. The infrastructure includes a playground, play area, multipurpose hall, library, sports activities, computer lab, science laboratories, gymnasium, athletics, rugby, tennis, school rock band etc.
Address: 165, Acharya Jagadish Chandra Bose Road, Entally, Kolkata 700014.
Phone: 033 2284 1546
- CALCUTTA INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL serves both Indians as well as expatriate communities. The curriculum is as per global standards with an open culture for students to grow naturally. The infrastructure includes health and wellness, dining services with non-veg items on the menu, sports, etc.
Address: 724, Anandapur, Kolkata, West Bengal, 700107, India.
Phone: 033 2443 2054
- DON BOSCO SCHOOL was established in 1958 with a motto of spreading virtue and knowledge. Its infrastructure includes AV room, auditorium, games, laboratory, library, etc.
Address: 23, Darga Road, Park Circus, Kolkata – 700 017.
Phone: 033 2287 9202
- LORETO HOUSE is an ace educational institution in Kolkata where with academics, the students are also exposed to extra-curricular to highlight and hone their talent through plenty of opportunities. Its infrastructure includes computer lab, library, sports, etc.
Address: Loreto House -7, Middleton Row, Pin code – 700071.
Phone: 033 2229 3565
- M.P. BIRLA FOUNDATION HIGHER SECONDARY SCHOOL is known for its academic excellence and comprehensive approach. The infrastructure includes AV Room, history geography room, computer labs, biology lab, physics lab, language room, library, canteen, chemistry lab, etc.
Address: MP Birla Foundation H.S School, James Long Sarani, Kolkata – 700034.
Phone: 033 2407 0000, 033 2407 2620
- ST. XAVIER’S COLLEGIATE SCHOOL was established in the year 1860. This school is affiliated to both ICSE and West Bengal Board of Secondary Education. Its infrastructure includes Scouts and Cubs, leadership training community, Christian life community, school assemblies, social service, nature club, debate club, quiz club, elocution club, etc.
Address: Secondary Section: 30 Mother Teresa Sarani Kolkata 700 016. Phone: 033 2255 1171
Primary Section: 12A Wood Street Kolkata 700 016, Phone: 033 2290 6951
- ASHOK HALL GIRLS’ HIGHER SECONDARY SCHOOL was established in 1951. The school has separate wings for the primary and secondary school in Central and Southern Kolkata respectively. Its infrastructure includes a fully equipped library, reading room, a composite science lab, math lab, multipurpose hall, dance and music, fashion studies laboratories, etc.
Address: For Primary School: 6, Palm Avenue Kolkata – 700019
Secondary School: 5 A, Sarat Bose Road, Kolkata – 700020. Phone: 033 2287 1271 / 2287 4558
- HERITAGE SCHOOL believes in recreating the ancient Gurukul tradition of India in its own modern way. The school offers national as well as international curriculum such as – ICSE, ISC and IGCSE and IBDP. Its infrastructure includes personality development cell, sports student counselling, partnering parents, medical check-up, yoga, and heritage, etc.
Address: 994, Chowbaga Road, Anandapur East Kolkata Township Kolkata – 700107 West Bengal, India.
Phone: 033-2443 0448 – 52
One of the many necessary tools that shapes and guides a child to be successful in life is a school. It is the school that makes the basis for a strong foundation for a child. It is these best schools of Kolkata that empowers the minds of the young to bring about a positive change in themselves and the society.