Best Places to Visit in Vizag:
The coastal city of Vishakhapatnam or Vizag as it is fondly called is one of the largest cities in the state of Andhra Pradesh. Unique to the city, it has a natural harbor. The oldest shipyard in India is also located in Vizag. Vishakhapatnam has history written all over its landscape. The best places to visit in Vizag offer a glimpse into the port city’s rich past.
Here is a list of the best places to visit in Vizag:
- Rishikonda Beach: The ideal spot for a picnic with the family or just a quiet stroll down the beach. The warm waters playing touch and go with your feet, Rishikonda Beach is one of the most popular tourist spots in Vizag.
- Borra Caves: The mighty stalactites and stalagmites provide a breathtaking view of the might of nature. Discovered in 1807, the caves are almost a million years old. The trek down the 80 feet tunnel will leave you with some spectacular memories.
- Araku Valley: Another popular destination for visitors is the Araku Valley. A naturally endowed hill station Araku is known for its bubbling streams, vivacious waterfalls, and the green expanse. The valley is inhabited by 19 tribes who have chosen to keep away from the modernity of life and choose to live their lives like they did thousands of years ago.
- Kailasgiri Hill Park: The hill station offers some of the most splendorous views of hills and the beaches. The pristine natural beauty brings a sense of calm to all those visiting.
- INS Kurusura Submarine museum: Vizag is one of the largest bases for the Indian Navy. The museum is one of its kind in entire South Asia. A must visit if you are in Vizag.
- Other places to visit in Vizag include Bojjannakonda and Lingalakonda, Simhachalam Temple, Indira Gandhi Zoological Park, Yarada Beach, Bheemili Beach, Bavikonda, Rama Krishna Beach, Katiki Falls, and numerous others.
The best places to visit in Vizag are a major attraction not only with the tourists but also locals who frequent these places.