List of Best Government Schools in Delhi:
Delhi is the capital of India and is considered one of the oldest cities in the world. Apart from being a political, socio-cultural hub it is also well-known for its many reputed educational institutions. The government has launched many initiatives to impart good education to children of all ages and economic brackets. As part of its many initiatives, the government has many schools under its banner which promote gifted children, talented children and aims to gratify the many studying in these schools. At present all government schools in Delhi are hindi medium and have one English medium section for most of the classes. Government run schools are divided into 3 categories – Rajkiya Vidyalaya from classes 6th to 12th; Pratibha Vikas Vidyalaya for classes 6Th to 12th and admission is based on an entrance exam; and the Sarvodaya Vidyalaya from classes’ nursery to 12th.
Here is a list of best government schools in Delhi:
- Kendriya Vidyalaya Old JNU Campus, New Delhi -110067
- Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Jaffarpur Kalan, New Delhi, Delhi 110073
- Government Boy’s Senior Secondary School Shalamar Village, Delhi-110088
- Sarvodaya Vidyalaya Lancer Road, Hakikat Nagar, Kingsway Camp,Government Girls Senior Secondary School Mohan Garden, Uttam Nagar, New Delhi-110059
- Rajkiya Pratibha Vikas Vidyalaya Rd Number 221, Sector 10 Dwarka,
- – Rajkiya Pratibha Vikas Vidyalaya Lajpat Nagar, Delhi
- – Rajkiya Pratibha Vikas Vidyalaya Sector 11, Rohini, Delhi
- SKV Raja Ram Mohan Roy School Hauz Rani, Malviya Nagar, New Delhi – 110017
- Navyug School Lane J, Sarojini Nagar, New Delhi – 110023.
- New Surya Public School (govt. school) B-110/B, Thana Road, Sangam Vihar, New Delhi-110062.
- Sarvodaya BAL Vidyalaya D – Block, Janakpuri, New Delhi– 110058.
These government schools have been striving to bring the best to its students despite the resource crunch. The recent board results have shown that students at these government schools have done their schools proud by securing a better percentage when compared to countless private institutions.