Best Diabetologist in Delhi:
“Diabetes is a chronic disease that occurs when the pancreas is no longer able to make insulin, or when the body cannot make good use of the insulin it produces. It occurs when your blood sugar/ glucose is too high.” It is the insulin that helps transform the sugar into energy that the body uses. Diabetes is a disease that afflicts a large section of the population in the world. It is also known as the silent killer as many times, it is not diagnosed.
There are three main types of diabetes that affect the populace.
- Type 1 diabetes: This type afflicts children and adolescents mostly. The body usually doesn’t produce any or very little insulin for which daily insulin injections have to be administered to maintain blood sugar levels.
- Type 2 diabetes: This is the most common form of the disease and usually afflicts adults. In this type, though the body produces insulin, it isn’t used properly by the body. A healthy and fit lifestyle is the cornerstone of this type of diabetes.
- Gestational diabetes: This type of diabetes usually affects women during pregnancy when the body shows signs of high blood sugar levels. This type usually dissipates after the pregnancy is over.
One who helps in diagnosis, treatments, and prevention of diabetes is known as a diabetologist. The best diabetologist in Delhi have been listed below:
- Dr. Atul Gogia is one of the best-known diabetologist in Delhi with an experience of close to 20 years. He is practicing at Sir Ganga ram Hospital, Delhi.
- Dr. Deepak Khandelwal is a prominent diabetologist in Delhi. He is practicing at Max Super Speciality Hospital.
- Dr. Amitabh Khanna is a specialist in diabetes and cardiology. He is practicing at the Rockland Hospital.
- Dr. Rajiv Singla has experience for over 11 years in the field of diabetes, Thyroid Diseases, Diabetes Mellitus, Hypoglycemia, Metabolic Bone Diseases, Short Stature, Obesity, Polycystic Ovarian Disease, Pubertal Disorders, Male Infertility, Cushing Syndrome, Gigantism, Abnormal Hair Growth In Females, Recurrent Renal Stones, Disorder Of Sexual differentiation, Youth onset Hypertension, Lipid Disorders, Endocrine Tumors and Gynecomastia. He is practicing at Saket City Hospital and Kalpvriksh Superspeciality Center.
- Dr. Sujit Jha is one of the eminent diabetologist in Delhi. He is practicing at the Max Superspeciality Hospital.
There are numerous other competent diabetologists that comprise the best diabetologist in the Delhi category. These doctors are easily contactable for any query regarding diabetes and related ailments.