List of Best Community Colleges:
Community colleges, sometimes called junior colleges, are two-year schools that provide affordable post-secondary education as a pathway to a four-year degree. It was once unique to the USA but is now an accepted form of higher education across many other countries. Many of the community colleges are Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP)-certified, and all have nationally-recognized accreditation. Community colleges offer numerous options to post-secondary students like open access to post-secondary education, preparation for four-year college or university, workforce development and skills training and a range of noncredit programs, like English as a second language, skills retraining, community enrichment programs and cultural activities.
Here is a list of best community colleges:
- De Anza College: Students at this college go on to attend UCLA, UC Davis and Berkeley. Many in Silicon Valley take advantage of certifications and courses offered in order to advance in their careers.
- Orange Coast College: It offers over 135 academic and career programs, including its most well-known, public nautical program.
- Meridian Community College: Meridian offers students the opportunity to live on campus and offers 1500 courses in over 52 areas of study.
- Saddleback College: The school offers 300 associate degrees, certificates and occupational skills in over 190 different fields.
- Normandale Community College: The College offers the Minnesota Transfer Curriculum, which enables students to take specific courses that will transfer to all University of Minnesota schools, Minnesota State colleges and universities and many other private institutions.
- Schoolcraft College: There are 70 areas of study for students to take advantage of as well as flexible course loads. Students can opt into 15-week, 12-week or seven-week courses.
- Hutchinson Community College: The College offers 70 different fields of study to choose from and also has transfer agreements with every Kansas Regents College and university as well as a variety of institutions across the country.
- Santa Barbara City College: The College provides the first two years of a baccalaureate degree through its course offerings and transfer program.
- Anoka- Ramsey Community College: The college offers over 100 transferable courses, the lowest tuition in Minnesota and almost 75% of students receive financial aid.
- Des Moines Area Community College: The College offers over 153 degree programs, transferable courses. Small size classes, free academic tutoring and online courses.
Community colleges offer a distinct learning environment, and are recognized for smaller class sizes, more individualized attention and a supportive atmosphere. Most community colleges offer a variety of degrees or certificates that prepare both domestic and international students for their first entry-level job.