LIC AAO Exam Pattern:
The Life Insurance Corporation of India, popularly known as LIC is one of the biggest government held insurance companies in India. LIC has released a notification regarding the recruitment of LIC Assistant Administrative Officer (AAO) in various departments of the company. LIC conducts a recruitment exam for the various AAO posts. The LIC AAO exam pattern comes to the aid of eligible candidates who aim to clear the exam with ease.
Here are the details of the LIC AAO exam pattern:
Date of stat of registration: 25th February 2020
Last date to submit completed application: 13th March 2020
Date of release of admit card: 27th March to 4th April 2020
Date of preliminary exam: 4th April 2020
- The candidate must be at least 21 years of age and must not exceed 30 years as on 1st March 2020.
- The candidate must have been born on or not earlier than 2nd March 1990 and not later than 1st March 1999, inclusive of both the dates.
- Age relaxation as is as per the rules laid down by the Government of India.
- The candidate must possess a bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a recognized university as specified for the specific post the candidate is applying for.
The selection procedure of the LIC AAO consists of 3 stages. These include the following:
- Preliminary exam
- Main exam
- The prelims are a computer based online exam.
- The exam consists of MCQ (multiple choice objective questions).
- The exam consists of 3 sections.
- The duration of the exam is 1 hour or 60 minutes.
- There is a separate timing for each section.
|Section (Duration)||Number of Questions/ Maximum Marks||Exam Language Medium||Minimum Qualifying Marks|
|SC/ ST/ PwBD||Others|
|Reasoning Ability (20 Minutes)||35/ 35||English & Hindi||16||18|
|English Language (20 Minutes)||30/ 30 (English Language Test will be of qualifying nature and the marks in the English Language will not be counted for merit)||English||9||10|
|Quantitative Aptitude (20 Minutes)||35/35||English & Hindi||16||18|
|Total 3 Sections in 1 Hour||100/ 70|
- The main exam will be computer based online exam.
- The exam consists of objective and descriptive questions as well.
- Weightage of the objective test is 300 marks.
- Weightage of the descriptive test is 25 marks.
- The objective section of the main exam will consist of 4 total of sections.
- The descriptive section will consist of questions on the English language which includes essay and letter writing / legal drafting and others.
- The English language test will be qualifying in nature.
|S. No.||Sections (Duration)||Number of Questions||Total Marks||Minimum Qualifying Marks|
|1.||Reasoning Ability (40 Minutes)||30||90||40||45|
|2.||General Knowledge, Current Affairs (20 Minutes)||30||60||27||30|
|3.||Professional Knowledge (40 Minutes)||30||90||40||45|
|4.||Insurance and Financial Market Awareness (20 Minutes)||30||60||27||30|
|Total (2 Hours)||120||300|
|5.||English Language (Letter writing & Essay)/ Legal drafting for AAO (Legal)||2||25||9||10|
For further details regarding the LIC AAO exam pattern check the website at https://www.licindia.in/Bottom-Links/careers .