KVPY Exam Pattern:
The Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) has been established by the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India. The KVPY is conducted by Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore for providing pre PhD scholarships to eligible candidates. The KVPY is conducted at an all India level across 54 cities. The KVPY exam pattern aims to help candidates prepare for the scholarship exam in a systematic manner.
Date of start of registration of application: 2nd week of July 2020
Last date to submit completed application: 1st week of September 2020
Date of KVPY exam: 1st week of November 2020
Date of declaration of result: 3rd week of December 2020
- General/ OBC: 1000/-
- SC/ ST/ PwD: 500/-
- The application fee can be paid online through credit/ debit card or other net banking options.
- The application fee can also be paid through offline mode through a bank challan.
- The exam is a computer based online examination.
- The exam will be conducted for 3 streams. These include the following:
- The medium of the exam is English/ Hindi.
- The exam will consist of MCQ (multiple choice objective questions).
- The duration of the exam is 3 hours or 180 minutes.
- The exam will consist of 2 sections, that is part 1 and 2.
- Each section will consist of 4 parts.
- The total number of questions that will be asked is 80.
- The total weightage of the examination is 100 marks.
- The marking scheme is as follows:
- For every Correct answer: + 1 marks for part 1; +2 marks for part 2
- For every Incorrect answer: – 1/4th marks will be deducted for part 1; – ½ marks will be deducted for part 2.
- All questions are compulsory to attempt in SA stream.
- Candidates have the option to attempt any 3 sections in part 1 and any 2 sections in part 2 of SB and SX streams.
|Subjects||No. of Questions||Total Marks|
|–||PART I||PART II||–|
For any further details regarding KVPY exam pattern check the website at http://www.kvpy.iisc.ernet.in/ .