INET Exam Pattern:
The Indian Navy Entrance Exam (INET) is conducted by the Indian Navy to recruit eligible candidates as officers in Permanent commission and also short service commission. The exam is conducted twice a year and both male and female candidates are eligible to appear for the exam. The INET exam is conducted for the following posts in the Indian Navy:
- Pilot MR (men and women)
- Pilot NMR (men only)
- Observer (men and women)
- Air Traffic Control (ATC) (men and women)
- Hydro (men only)
- General Service Executive (GS/X)
- General Service (Technical – Electrical & Engineering)
- Information Technology (men only)
- Naval Architect (men and women)
- Education (men and women)
- Logistics (men and women)
- Naval Armament Inspectorate Cadre (NAIC) (men and women)
Eligible candidates appearing for the exam must prepare in accordance to the INET exam pattern to clear the exam easily.
Here are the details of the INET exam pattern:
Date of start of registration of application: 29th November 2019
Last date to submit completed application: 19th December 2019
The Indian Navy recruitment for officers consists of 2 stages:
- INET exam
- SSB interview
INET exam pattern:
- The exam is a computer based online examination.
- The exam consists of multiple choice objective questions.
- The medium of the INET exam is English/ Hindi.
- The duration of the exam is 2 hours/ 120 minutes.
- The total number of questions asked are 100.
- The total weightage of the exam is 400 marks.
- The marking scheme is as follows:
- Correct answer: + 4 marks
- Incorrect answer: – 1 marks will be deducted
- The exam consists of 4 sections which includes the following:
- Reasoning and Numerical ability
- Mathematical aptitude and General Science
- General knowledge
For any other details regarding INET exam pattern check the website at https://www.joinindiannavy.gov.in .