KAS Exam Pattern:
The Karnataka Public Service Commission is responsible for conducting the Karnataka Administrative Services examination. For the innumerable candidates appearing for the exam, the KAS exam pattern is of utmost importance.
Date of release of notification: 31st January 2020
Date of start of registration of application: 6th February 2020
Last date to submit completed application: 6th March 2020
The KAS Exam is modelled after the UPSC Civil services exam. It comprises of 3 phases which include the following:
- Preliminary exam
- Main exam
- Personality test/ interview
KAS Exam pattern:
- The preliminary exam is a pen and paper based offline examination.
- The exam consists of multiple choice objective questions.
- The candidate is provided with an OMR sheet to mark the answers to the questions asked.
- The medium of the exam is English/ Kannada.
- The exam will consist of 2 papers which includes:
- General studies 1
- General studies 2
- The exam will consist of 100 questions each.
- The duration of the exam is 2 hours/ 120 minutes each.
- The weightage of the exam is 200 marks for each paper.
- The marking scheme is as follows:
- Correct answer: + 2 marks
- Incorrect answer: – 0.25marks will be deducted
|Paper||Name of the Subjects||No. of questions||No. of Marks|
|Paper I||General Studies related to National and International importance||40||80|
|Paper-II||General Studies related to State Importance||40||80|
|General Science & Tech, Environment & Ecology||30||60|
|General Mental Ability||30||60|
- The main exam is a pen and paper based offline exam.
- The exam consists of descriptive and subjective questions.
- The medium of the exam is Kannada/ English.
- The KAS Main exam consists of 8 papers. These include the following:
- General Studies 1
- General studies 2
- Optional subject A 2 papers
- Optional subject B 2 papers
- The total weightage of the exam is 2100 marks.
- The duration of the exam is 3 hours each.
KAS Language paper:
KAS compulsory papers:
|Paper 1||Essay ( 2Nos. 125 each)||250||3Hrs|
|Paper 2||General studies 1||250||3Hrs|
|Paper 3||General studies 2||250||3Hrs|
|Paper 4||General studies 3||250||3Hrs|
|Paper 5||General studies 4||250||3Hrs|
|Paper 6||KAS Optional subject paper 1||250||3Hrs|
|Paper 7||KAS Optional subject paper 2||250||3Hrs|
|Total (Written exam)||1750 Marks|
For any further details regarding KAS exam pattern check the website at http://www.kpsc.kar.nic.in/ .