JIPMER PG Exam Pattern:
Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research Post Graduate Entrance Exam or JIPMER PG as it is popularly referred to as is an entrance exam for postgraduate medical students. The entrance exam is held annually in the 10 major centers across India. The entrance exam is the key to the various programs held at the JIPMER campus in Puducherry. The JIPMER PG exam pattern helped the students to decipher the intricacies of the exam and score well in the entrance exam.
Here are the details of the JIPMER PG exam pattern:
- The JIPMER PG exam is for all those students aspiring to pursue MD/ MS/ MDS from JIPMER, Pondicherry. The duration of the exam is as follows:
- MDS: 1 ½ hours duration
- MS/ MD: 3 hours
- The exam is held in English language only.
- The entrance exam is conducted in a single shift for all the three course programs of MD/ MS/ MDS.
- The timing of the entrance exam for the courses also differs. It is as follows:
- MD/ MS: 1000 hrs. to 1300 hrs.
- MDS: 1000 hrs. to 1130 hrs.
- The JIPMER PG exam comprises of multiple choice questions. The course programs have the following number of questions asked:
- MD/ MS: 250 questions
- MDS: 100 questions
- The marks also vary for the various course. These are as follows:
- MD/ MS: 1000 marks
- MDS: 400 marks
- The marking scheme includes negative marking as well.
- Correct answer: +4 marks
- Incorrect answer: -1 marks
- Questions that are not attempted: 0 marks
- The JIPMER PG exam syllabus includes the following:
- MD/ MS: Clinical science and Basic clinical science.
- MDS: Dental Science and Basic Clinical science.
- The pattern of questions asked is as follows:
|Course||Basic Clinical Science||Clinical Science||Dental Science|
For any further details or queries regarding JIPMER PG exam pattern check the website.