Jamia Milia Islamia (JMI), was founded in the year of 1920 at Aligarh. It became a central university by an act of the Indian Parliament in 1988. the university was designed by Sir Sarwar Jung. The institution today holds the torch of illumination giving shape to ideas and fostering innovation. This university provides courses in various fields of education, humanities and language, law, engineering and technology, social sciences etc. To get admissions in this university candidates have to qualify the entrance tests that are organized by JMI. Admission in engineering courses will be done through JEE Main & BDS admission will be done through NEET scores. With the help of this article, students can get the information regarding jamia millia islamia admission 2019-20, syllabus, important dates etc. Jamia Millia Islamia Admission 2019-20.
Jamia Admission Date 2019
The schedule for JMI admission for the year 2019 has been released, and is given below:
|The release of admission forms||25th February 2019|
|Last date to submit the admission form||30th March 2019|
|Application editing window||31st March to 3rd April 2019|
|Admit card release||2nd week of April 2019|
|Exam date||May 2019|
|Result declare||June 2019|
|Last date to submit a qualifying degree||3rd week of September 2019|
|Admission closed||Last week of September 2019|
JMI Admission Form 2019
The candidates applying in the university for any course should go through the info bulletin carefully before filling the form. Here we have given some important details about JMI application form 2019:
- Candidates will be able to fill the application form through online mode.
- There is no printed application form available for admission.
- Application process comprises of two parts, i.e. registration and entrance application submission.
- Candidates are required to upload the scanned images of photograph and signature.
- The photograph should be in passport size in JPG/JPEG format with white background.
- The signature should also be in JPG/JPEG format with a maximum 100 KB size.
- After the submission of application, candidates will receive an Email containing the Unique Registration Number and Password for further use.
- No correction facility will be provided after the last date.
- There is no need to send the hard copy of the application to the university.
- Fee payment can be made using a debit/credit card & net banking.
- If the fees received successfully at JMI’s end it will be non-refundable.
- Below we have mentioned the application fee of various courses:
|Center offering the course||Application Fees|
|AJK Mass Communication Research Centre, Centre for Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation Sciences, Faculty of Education, Faculty of Dentistry, Centre for Management Studies, Faculty of Architecture and Ekistics (Except B.Arch.), Faculty of Engineering & Technology (Except B.Tech.) & Faculty of Law||INR 700|
|All other Faculties/Centers and B.Tech./B.Arch||INR 550|
Candidates should check the eligibility criteria for the course they are applying. It is different for different courses. So, you should check the eligibility criteria first. Here we have given the basic eligibility to apply for UG and PG courses:
- Qualifying Exam: Students must have qualified 10+2 examination for UG courses and to apply for PG courses, students must hold a UG degree in the relevant field.
- Minimum Marks: There will be minimum marks criteria application for various courses. It will be different for different courses.
- Appearing Candidates: Students whose results of the qualifying exam have not been declared can also apply. Such candidates have to submit the required certificates by September 2019.
JMI exam pattern and Syllabus
We have also given the pattern of the exam and an idea for the syllabus of the same, have a look:
- Type of Questions: The question paper will contain objective/multiple choice questions.
- Negative Marking: There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer in the Objective Type/Multiple Choice questions in all the programs (except M.Phil. & Ph.D)
- JMI Syllabus: The syllabus will vary as per the courses. It will contain the relevant topics of the courses candidates applying for.
- Exam Centres: The examination will be conducted in various cities like Calicut, Lucknow, Delhi, Patna, Guwahati, Srinagar and Kolkata.
JMI Preparation Tips
JMI exams are bit tricky and you might just need some tips to prepare for the exams. Here are some of the tips that would help you to prepare for your exam:
- Before preparing for exam, students must prepare a suitable time table and prepare accordingly.
- Gather all the details about the officially prescribed syllabus and exam pattern.
- Prepare from the previous year question papers and sample paper to know more about the exam pattern.
- Do meditation and yoga, it will help you to keep your mind calm.
JMI Admit card 2019
The admit cards for the entrance will release one or maximum two weeks before the date of exam. You will also receive an SMS from the university regarding the availability of the admit card. You have to print the admit card and then paste the self-attested passport size photo on the space given. Candidates must take at least two print copies of their admit card generated online. Candidates have to submit one admit card to the invigilators at the exam center.
JMI Result 2019 will be provided to students within a month after the examination. The University shall prepare a merit list of qualified candidates in various programs. There is no provision for rechecking or re-evaluation of the answer sheets.
Then according to the results, candidates will be selected for the further counseling process.