IRMS Exam Pattern:
The Indian Railways Management Services (IRMS) will be conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) as an exclusive railway service examination. The Government of India has merged all the railway Group A services into one for the ease of recruitment. The IRMS exam pattern will come to the aid of all interested candidates appearing for the IRMS exam.
The Group A officers were previously selected through the Civil Services examination and the Indian Engineering Service exam. The group A services include the following:
- Indian Railway Traffic Service
- Indian Railway Accounts Service
- Indian Railway Personnel Service
- Indian Railway Service of Engineers
- Indian Railway Stores Service (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Telecommunication/Electronics Engineering Posts)
- Indian Railway Service of Mechanical Engineers
- Indian Railway Service of Electrical Engineers
- Indian Railway Service of Signal Engineers
The IRMS exam will consist of 3 phases. These include the following:
- Preliminary exam
- Main exam
- Personality test
IRMS exam pattern:
- The IRMS exam will be a pen and paper based offline examination.
- The exam will consist of multiple choice objective questions.
- The exam will be common to all candidates which includes Engineering and Non-engineering graduates.
- The preliminary exam will comprise of questions on various topics. These include:
- Current affairs
- International Organizations and management
- Verbal aptitude
- Logical Reasoning
- Quantitative aptitude
- General Awareness
- The main exam will be domain based which includes 5 specialities. These include the following:
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Telecommunication Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Accounts, Personnel and Traffic
- The exam is a pen and paper based offline exam.
- The exam will consist of multiple choice objective questions and essay type descriptive questions.
- Candidates who pass the main exam will be shortlisted for the personality test.