IRMS Exam Pattern:
The Indian Railway Management Services is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission. The UPSC has merged 8 Group A railway services into the central railway service called the IRMS. The IRMS recruitment will be on the basis of merit secured in the exam. The selection will be conducted in stages which will include written exams and interviews. The IRMS exam is likely to be held in the year 2021. The IRMS exam pattern will help candidates prepare methodically for the exam.
The IRMS exam will consist of the following stages:
- Preliminary exam
- Main exam
IRMS Preliminary exam:
- The preliminary exam will be modelled on the Civil Services examination.
- The examination will comprise questions based on the following:
- Current affairs based on Indian economy, environment and ecology, science and technology, international bodies and organizations.
- General awareness
- Quantitative and verbal aptitude
- Values and ethics of professionals
- Organizational management principles
- The exam will consist of multiple choice objective questions.
- The preliminary exam will be qualifying in nature.
IRMS Main exam:
- The exam will be a pen and paper based offline exam.
- The exam will consist of questions that will be subjective and descriptive in nature.
- The main exam will be conducted for 5 domains. These include the following:
- Mechanical engineering
- Civil engineering
- Electrical engineering
- Electronics and Tele communication engineering
- Non-Technical entry (Accounts, Personnel and Traffic).
- Candidates who secure a merit in the written exam will be shortlisted and called for an interview/ personality test.
Interview/ personality test:
- Shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview.
- On the basis of merit secured in both written main exam and interview the candidates will be granted the various cadres of IRMS.
For further details or queries regarding IRMS exam pattern check the website at https://www.indianrailways.gov.in/railwayboard/ .