INET Exam Pattern:
The Indian Navy Entrance Test or INET 2020 notification has been released for all those interested in joining the Indian Navy. The Indian Navy conducts the exam to recruit officers to the Technical, executive and education branches. The vacancies include SSC Engineering Branch, SSC Electrical Branch, SSC NAIC, SSC ATC, SSC Observer, SSC Pilot (MR), SSC Pilot (Other than MR), SSC Logistics, SSC X (IT), PC Education among many others. the INET exam pattern is essential for the methodical preparation of the exam.
Here are the details of the INET exam pattern:
Date of start of registration of online application form: 29th November 2019
Last date to submit completed application form: 19th December 2019
Date of issue of INET call letter: 28th January 2020 to 8th February 2020
Indian Navy Entrance Test 2020: February 2020
SSB: April 2020
- General: 205/-
- SC/ ST/ Women: No application fee is to be paid.
- The application fee must be paid online through credit/ debit or net banking options.
The selection of eligible candidates is conducted in 3 stages. These include the following:
- Written exam
- SSB Interview
The eligibility criteria varies for all the 3 branches.
- Executive branch:
- The candidate must have secured at least 60% marks in class 12th with physics and maths as compulsory subjects.
- The candidate must possess a BE/ B.Tech degree with at least 60 % marks.
- The candidate must possess a degree/ diploma in finance/ supply chain management/ material management.
- Technical Branch
- The candidate must possess a B.E/ B.Tech degree in Mechanical/ electrical engineering.
- Education Branch
- The candidate must possess first class in master’s degree in Math/ operational research with physics.
- The candidate must possess first class in master’s degree in Physics/ nuclear research.
- The candidate must possess first class in master’s degree in meteorology/ oceanology.
- The candidate must possess a B.E/ B.Tech in computer science/ computer engineering with at least 60% marks.
- The exam is a written pen and paper based test.
- The exam comprises of multiple choice objective questions.
- The exam is divided into 4 sections. These include:
- Reasoning and Numerical ability.
- General Science and Mathematical Reasoning.
- General knowledge.
- It is imperative for the candidate to pass all the sections to be eligible for SSB.
- The duration of the exam will be of 2 hours/ 120 minutes.
- There will be a total of 100 questions.
- The marking scheme will include negative marking.
- Incorrect answer: -1 marks for every wrong answer.
For any further queries or details regarding INET exam pattern check the website at www.joinindiannavy.gov.in .