Indian Institute of Science Admission 2019:
Located in Bangalore, the Indian Institute of Science is one of the premier institutions in the country for higher education and scientific research. Established in 1909, the IISc offers a variety of courses from undergraduate, postgraduate and research programs. The Indian Institute of Science admission 2019 usually begins in February – March every year.
Here are the details of the Indian Institute of Science admission 2019:
Course: Undergraduate course, postgraduate and doctoral courses in various disciplines like Science, Design, Management, and Engineering.
Mode of application: Online
|Course||Entrance Exams Accepted|
|Bachelor of Science (Research) Program||KVPY-SA, KVPY-SB, KVPY-SX, KVPY Fellows selected through the Empowerment Initiative for SC/ST candidates|
|JEE Main [securing a minimum of 60% (GN), 54% (OBC-NCL), 30% (SC/ST/PWD)]|
|JEE Advanced [securing a minimum of 60% (GN), 54% (OBC-NCL), 30% (SC/ST/PWD)]|
|NEET [securing a minimum of 60% (GN), 54% (OBC-NCL), 30% (SC/ST/PWD)]|
|Master of Management Program (MMgt)||GATE/CAT/GMAT|
- The candidate must have passed class 12th with a minimum of 60% marks from a recognized board/ school.
- The candidate must have studied Maths, Physics, and chemistry as the main subject.
- The candidate must have a bachelor’s degree in the relevant discipline.
Selection procedure: The candidate must register himself on the official website of IISc at the official website. The selection procedure is as follows:
- Selection is based on the merit list of the national level examinations like KVPY, JEE Main, JEE Advanced and NEET UG.
- The candidate must have secured marks as per the cut off released by IISc.
- Reservation for various categories will be as per the Government of India regulations.
Post Graduate Course:
- Tech: The candidate will be shortlisted on the basis of GATE scores.
- For other courses, candidates will be selected on the basis of GATE scores followed by an aptitude test or interview. Candidates have to register on COAP (Common Offer Acceptance Portal) to submit their preferences.
- Des: The candidate will be shortlisted on the basis of GATE or CEED scores followed by a Design Aptitude Test and interview process.
General/ OBC/ KM: 500
General/ OBC/ Sponsored candidates from Defence, BARC, DRDO, KSRTC, ISRO, NTRO, NAL, BMTC, CPRI, and BDA PWD: 800/-
The Indian Institute of Science admission 2019 details can be checked online at www.iisc.ac.in/admissions/ .