IIT Patna Ph.D. Admission 2020:
The Indian Institute of Technology Patna was established in 2008 and is located at Bihta. IIT Patna has 10 departments which include Computer Science & Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical and Biochemical Engineering, Civil & Environmental Engineering, Materials Science & Engineering, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics and Humanities & Social Science departments. IIT Patna has been ranked as the 19th best college in the country for Engineering. IIT Patna PhD admission 2020 has been notified on the website of the institute.
Date of start of registration of application: 17th March 2020
Last date to submit completed application: 10th May 2020
IIT Patna has released admission for PhD to the following disciplines:
- Civil and Environmental engineering
- Electrical engineering
- Mechanical engineering
- Chemical and Biochemical engineering
- Computer science and engineering
- Metallurgical and material engineering
- Humanities and Social Science
- General/ OBC/ Others: 300/-
- SC/ ST/ PwD/ Women candidates: 150/-
- The application fee must be paid online through credit or debit card or other net banking options.
- The age imit for the candidate is at least 28 years for B.Tech./MA/MCA/MBA and 32 years for M.Tech/ ME/M.Phil.
- The candidates from the SC/ST category will have a relaxation of 5% in marks or 0.5 in CPI.
- Residents of the country have the part time option, while foreign students will have to opt for the full time compulsorily.
- Candidates from SC/ ST/ OBC/ PwD will be granted a relaxation of 5 years.
- PhD in Science:
- M.Phil or Master’s degree in Science in relevant area with a minimum CPI of 6.5 or 60% marks.
- Master degree in engineering and technology in a relevant area with a minimum CPI of 6.5 or 60% marks.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering and technology in a relevant area with a minimum CPI 7.5 or 70% marks.
- PhD in Engineering:
- M.tech/ME in engineering and technology with atleast 6.5 CPI or 60% of marks.
- Bachelors in engineering and technology with a relevant area having CPI 6.5 or 60% marks.
- Master degree in science with a relevant area having CPI of 7.5 or 70% marks.
- PhD in Humanities and Social Sciences
- M.Phil or Master’s degree in Arts/Commerce/Science/Management in a relevant area with a minimum of 55% marks.
- Master’s degree in engineering, technology and design in a relevant area with a minimum CPI of 6.5 or 60% marks.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering and Technology in a relevant area with a minimum CPI of 7.5 or 70% marks.
For any further details regarding IIT Patna PhD admission 2020 check the website at https://www.iitp.ac.in/index.php/en-us/admission/doctoral/admission-notice .