IIT Madras Winter Admission:
The Indian Institute of Technology, Madras has a long legacy to its credit. An institute of national importance in higher technological education, basic and applied research, IIT Madras was established in 1959 after an Indo-German collaboration. One of the earliest IITs to have been set up in independent India, the IIT Madras has 16 academic departments and few advanced research centers in the many disciplines of pure sciences and engineering. IIT madras winter admissions notification has been released by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India.
Here are the details of the IIT Madras winter admission:
Course: PhD and MS
Mode of application: Online
Date of start of registration: 1st April 2019
Last date to submit completed application: 31st October 2019
Date of written test/ interview: to be announced
General/ OBC – NCL Male category: 200/-
General/ OBC – NCL Female category: 100/-
- The candidate must be a regular full-time research scholar at the institute.
Ph.D. in Engineering:
- The candidate must have a post-graduate degree in Engineering/ Masters in the Research in Engineering with a good academic records.
- The candidate with a Master’s degree in sciences can also apply for engineering discipline. The candidate must have a valid GATE score OR UGC-JRF/NET/CSIRJRF/NBHM/INSPIRE OR equivalent qualification in the relevant area with an excellent academic record.
- Candidates with a bachelor’s degree in engineering/technology or experience of 5 years after post-graduation are eligible.
Ph.D. in Science:
- The candidate must have a master’s degree with excellent merit and a valid GATE score of UGCJRF/NET/CSIR-JRF/NBHM/INSPIRE.
- The candidate must have a master’s degree in Technology or Engineering with excellent merit.
Ph.D. In Social Sciences & Humanities:
- The candidate must have a minimum of 3 years of experience in the research or industry for non-HTRA applicants.
- The candidate must possess a Master’s or dual degree or some equivalent discipline. Qualifying CSIR-JRF/ GATE/ UGC-NET OR JRF score or any international level Post-admission examination with excellent academic records.
Ph.D. in Management:
- The candidate must have a Master’s degree/ PG diploma in the relevant discipline of Graduation.
- The candidate must have passed the qualifying exams like UGC/CAT/MAT/ ATMA/GATE/ XAT or JRF/NET/CSIR/ or the lectureship or some equivalent or the international level PG admission exam like GRE/GMAT or some exam equal to it.
Selection procedure: The concerned department will hold a written exam/ interview for admission to the programs.
For any details, the candidate must log in to the official website at www.research.iitm.ac.in for IIT Madras winter admission.