IIT Kharagpur Phd Admission 2020:
The Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur was the first to be established as the most distinguished centers of learning in the country in the year 1950. IIT Kharagpur lies sprawled over a vast campus of 2100 acres and has 18 academic departments and 5 centers of excellence. IIT Kharagpur offers a variety of courses that range from under graduate, post graduate, doctoral and research programs. IIT Kharagpur PhD admission 2020 has been notified on the website for interested candidates.
IIT Kharagpur offers eligible candidates the opportunity to pursue a PhD degree. The degree is awarded on the basis of the candidate’s performance in the prescribed course work, comprehensive viva, seminar and thesis submitted. IIT Kharagpur offers numerous categories in the PhD program. These include the following:
- Regular PhD with Institute Assistantship.
- PhD with Individual fellowship (UGC NET, INSPIRE and others)
- PhD through sponsored research projects by various organizations
- Sponsored PhD
- PhD for working professionals.
Date of start of registration of application: 6th December 2019
Last date to submit completed application: 15th December 2019
Date of test and interview of selected candidates: 24th December 2019
- The candidate must possess a master’s and bachelor’s degree in Engineering/ Commerce/ Management/ Science/ Law.
- The candidate must have secured a minimum of 60% or CGPA of 6.5 in the qualifying exam at graduation and post-graduation.
- The candidate must have secured at least 55% or 6.0 CGPA in the qualifying exam in MBBS/ Social Science/ Humanities.
- The candidate must register himself on the website for the PhD program.
- The candidate must fill the application form with all the requisite details and relevant documents.
- The candidate must upload the relevant documents. These include the following:
- A copy of the class 10th mark sheet as proof of birth.
- A copy of the mark sheet and certificate of passing of the qualifying exam.
- The scanned copy of the final course allotment letter from JoSAA.
- The original admit card of the JEE advanced exam.
- A copy of the category certificate, if applicable.
- A copy of the PwD certificate if applicable.
- A copy of DS certificate if applicable.
- A scanned copy of the undertaking form.
For any further details regarding IIT Kharagpur PhD admission 2020, check the website at http://www.iitkgp.ac.in/admission-phd .