The Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur or it is also called as IIT Kharagpur (IIT KGP) is a government engineering institution that was established by the Indian government in the year 1951. Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur was the first university that was established by the government of the country. The university is recognised as an important part of the country. The wide variety of disciplines at IIT Kharagpur provides a unique environment that fosters both core and interdisciplinary research in diverse areas of emerging technology such as energy, nanotechnology, medical, bioengineering, and computational sciences.
The university provides its students with various facilities for research related to PhD courses. The PhD Programme that is being offered in the university are Regular, Sponsored and Individual Fellowship. The fields offered by the university are Engineering, Technology, Science, Architecture & Regional Planning, Humanities & Social Sciences, Rural Development, Law and Management. Admission of the reserved category students will be according to the government issued guidelines.
For the year 2018, the online application form started from 19 March 2018. The closing date for closure for submission of online application form was 18 April 2018. The application fee was Rs.1000. The application fee for the reserved category was Rs 500. As the university conducts a written test for the interested candidates of PhD, the test and Interview was conducted in the respective Departments between 28─31 May 2018 & 01 June 2018. The admission of the selected candidates was from 10th July 2018.
PhD in the following fields are available in the institute.
- Aerospace Engineering
- Agricultural and Food Engineering
- Architecture and Regional Planning
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics and Electrical Communication Engg.
- Geology and Geophysics
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Industrial and Systems Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Ocean Engineering and Naval Architecture
- Humanities and Social Sciences
As per the IIT, Kharagpur PhD Regulations, the minimum qualification that is required for the admission to the PhD. The program is as flows.
- B. tech (Bachelor of Technology M.Sc. (Master of Science)
- MBA (after BA/B.Sc./B. Com) MA (Master of Arts)
- B.Arch. (Bachelor of Architecture) B.Sc. (Engineering.)
- PG Diploma in Management of 2-year duration (after BA/B.Sc./B. Com)
- MBBS degree with compulsory one-year internship completed
- Tech (Master of Technology) M. S.
- P. (Master of City planning) M. E.
- P. (Master of Regional Planning) M. Sc. (Engineering)
- Arch. (Master of Architecture) M. Phil.
- M.B.A. (after B. Tech., Sc., M.A., M.Com.) 2-year M.B.M.
In case you wish to fill the form online, the following is the procedure.
- The interested candidates shall first visit the Delhi IIT official website.
- On that page, the candidates should search for the admission link.
- Click on the PG admission online form link.
- Candidates are further required to enter the all required details.
- The aspirants are required to upload a passport size photo along with the signature.
- Since the process is online, candidates are required to pay the application fee via online payment.
- Click on the submit button.
- Do remember to download the admission application forms as it will be useful in future.
In case you wish to fill the form offline then simply download the application form from the official website of IIT Delhi. The candidates are requested to fill the application form with the utmost attention. The application fee is the same as mentioned above. All the details shall be filled carefully and all the documents submitted shall be true.