IIT Guwahati Ph.D Admission December 2019:
One of the most picturesque campuses, eleven departments, five interdisciplinary centers and sprawling campus of 285 hectares on the banks of the mighty Brahmaputra River lies the IIT Guwahati. The sixth member of the group of IITs offers all the major courses in engineering, science, and humanities which include B.Tech, B.Des, MA, M.Des, M.Tech, M.Sc and Ph.D programs. IIT Guwahati has released a notification for admission to its Ph.D course for December 2019.
Here are the details of the IIT Guwahati Ph.D admission December 2019:
Date of release of notification: 25th September 2019
Last date for submission of completed application: 31st October 2019 by midnight.
Disciplines offered for Ph.D.:
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Center for the Environment
- Center for Energy
- Center for Nanotechnology
- Linguistic science and technology
- The candidate must possess a master’s in Engineering /Technology /Medical Sciences/Veterinary Sciences/Pharmacy with a minimum of 60% marks.
- The candidate must possess a 4-year bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology/Medical Sciences with a minimum of 70% marks
- Candidate with an M.Sc in Maths, with the subject being studied at graduation level will also be eligible for admission.
- The candidate must possess a masters in Arch/Des/Tech/ME with a minimum of 60%
- The candidates must possess a masters in Applied Arts/Ergonomics/Fine Arts/Psychology/Physiology/Occupational Safety and Health/Journalism/Mass Media.
- The candidates must have a PG Diploma in Design from a recognized institute like NID/CEPT or equivalent with a minimum of 60% marks.
- The candidate should have a master’s in Engineering/Technology/Design with a minimum of 60% marks
- The candidate must possess a 4-year bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology/Design/Science with a minimum 70% from any IIT or IISc
- Humanities and Social Science:
- The candidate must possess a masters in Arts/Commerce/Science with a minimum 55% marks or a 4-year bachelor’s degree from any IIT with a minimum of 7.0 CPI.
- The application forms will be screened and the shortlisted candidates will be called for a written exam/ interview/ portfolio review.
- The candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of the merit secured in Gate/ CEED/ INSPIRE/ NET and the grades of the qualifying exam.
Seat reservation will be as per the rules specified by the Government of India.
- The candidate must get a printout of the guidelines to fill up the form
- Fill in the specifics asked in the form and upload the prescribed documents and photographs.
Interested candidates can log in to the website https://online.iitg.ernet.in/phd/login.jsp for all the details and submission of the IIT Guwahati Ph.D. admission December 2019.