IIT Guwahati Ph.D. Admission 2020:
Established in 1994 as part of the Government of India’s efforts to promote high-quality education, the Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati is one of the prominent centers of learning in the country. IIT Guwahati stands at an all India ranking of 7 for higher learning in various disciplines. The institute has released a notification regarding IIT Guwahati PhD admission 2020.
Date of start of PhD admission: 2nd March 2020
Last date to submit completed application: 30th April 2020
Expected date of written test/ interview: 14th May to 4th June 2020
Date of start of PhD program: 3rd August 2020
Mode of application: Online
PhD is offered in the following disciplines at IIT Guwahati:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electronics and Electrical Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Biosciences and Bioengineering
- Energy Environment
- Rural Technology
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Linguistic Science and Technology
- Interdisciplinary research
- SC/ ST/ PwD/ Female/ Transgender candidates: 150/-
- Other categories: 300/-
- The application fee must be paid online through credit or debit card or other net banking options.
- The candidate must possess a post graduate degree in basic sciences.
- The candidate must possess a graduate of post graduate degree in any other professional field and must have qualified the following exam as specified by IIT Guwahati:
- Candidates selected through the National Eligibility Tests which includes GATE and UGC NET.
- Candidates selected through national level exams conducted on behalf of MHRD by various testing agencies and institutions. These include IIT/ IISc/ UGC/ IIIT and others.
- Eligibility criteria vary as per the program and can be checked online.
Interested candidates can check the official website at https://www.iitg.ac.in/acad/admission2020/phd/ for any further queries.