IIT Bombay Ph.D Admission:
1958 saw the establishment of IIT Bombay, the second in line after IIT Delhi. One of the premier institutions of the country for undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral programs, IIT Bombay has one of the best faculty and facilities in the country. The IIT Bombay Ph.D. admissions are processed twice a year in July and January but the applications for Ph.D. are accepted throughout the year.
Here are the details of the IIT Bombay Ph.D. admission:
Date of release of notification for admission: 3rd September 2019
Last date for submission of completed application: 15th October 2019
The details of the entrance tests/interview for all categories can be checked online at the official website http://www.iitb.ac.in/newacadhome/phd.jsp
Mode of application: Online
- Women: 150/-
- SC/ST/PWD: 150/-
- All other candidates: 300/-
The application fee has to be paid via SBI Internet banking/ online payment system.
Seat reservation is as per the rule laid down by the Government of India.
- The candidate must possess a master’s in engineering/ technology/ science with a minimum 60% marks
- The candidate must possess a bachelor’s degree in engineering/technology with 60% marks
- The candidate must possess a master’s in Arts/ Commerce with a minimum 55% marks
- The candidate must have a valid GATE/ CEED/ JEST score
- The candidate must be a JRF of CSIR/ UGC/NBHM/DBT/ ICMR/ ICAR/ICPR
- The candidate must have appeared for JEST or DST INSPIRE fellowship
- The candidate must have a minimum2 years working experience.
- The candidate must also satisfy the eligibility criteria set by the respective departments.
Various disciplines are available for candidates to pursue PhD these include: Aerospace Eng., Biosciences &Bio Eng., Chemical Eng., Chemistry, Civil Eng.,Climate Studies, Computer Sci. & Eng., Earth Sciences, Electrical Eng., Energy Science & Eng., Humanities and Social Sciences, Mathematics, Mechanical Eng., Metallurgical Eng.& Materials Science,Physics,Industrial Design Centre,Centre for Environmental Science & Eng., Centre of Studies in Resources Eng., , Industrial Engineering & operation research, Metallurgical Engineering and Materials science.
Selection procedure: The IIT Bombay Ph.D admission is usually on the basis of an interview conducted a month prior to the commencement of the course. A written exam might be conducted as per the requirement of the concerned department.
For any other queries or details, interested candidates can check the website for IIT Bombay Ph.D admissions.