IISC Bangalore Ph.D. Admission 2020:
The Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore is one of the most prestigious education institutions in the country. The institute offers various undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral research programs to eligible candidates. The IISc Bangalore Ph.D. admission 2020 has been notified on the online portal of the institute.
Here are the details of the IISc Bangalore PhD admission 2020:
Date of start of availability of application form: 1st week of October 2020
Last date to submit completed application: last week of October 2020
Date of personal interview: 3rd week of November 2020
Start of academic session: 1st week of January 2021
Research Programs PhD/M.Tech (research)
The candidate must possess a minimum of 2nd class or equivalent in the following degrees to be eligible to apply:
|S.No||Qualifying degree||Qualifying in national entrance tests|
|1||A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology/ 4-year Bachelor of Science||Valid GATE/ NET JRF score is mandatory|
|2||A Master’s degree in Science / Master’s degree in Economics, Geography, Psychology, Management, Commerce, Operations Research, Computer Science/ Application||Valid GATE / NET JRF score is a must|
|3||A Master’s degree in Engineering / Technology / Architecture/ Agriculture / Pharmacy / Veterinary Sciences||Valid GATE / NET JRF/ GPAT score|
|4||MS/MBA (post BE/B Tech/M Sc) – (applicable for the Department of Management Studies/Ecological Sciences)||Valid GATE/ NET JRF score|
|5||A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Engineering/ Technology from any Centrally Funded Technical Institutions, with a minimum CGPA of 8.5 out of 10 or its equivalent (for PhD only)||Valid GATE score / NET JRF|
|6||MBBS/MD||Valid GATE score / NET JRF.|
|7||B Pharma||Valid GPAT score / JRF|
|8||A Bachelor’s degree holders in Physics / Chemistry / Mathematics / Statistics / Computer Science /Electronics followed by qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE as being equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering||Valid GATE/ NET JRF score|
Integrated PhD Programs
|Disciplines||Educational qualification||Qualifying examination|
|Biological Sciences||A minimum 1st class or equivalent in Bachelor’s or an equivalent degree in Physical, Chemical or Biological Sciences (including Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical, Veterinary Sciences, and Agricultural Sciences)/ BE/ B Tech degree.||JAM 2020 in Biological Sciences (BL) or Biotechnology(BT) or Chemistry (CY) or Mathematics (MA) or Physics (PH) Biotechnology (BT)|
|Chemical Sciences||A minimum 1st class in B.Sc. / equivalent with Chemistry as one of the main subjects with Mathematics at the PUC or +2 level.||JAM 2020 in Chemistry (CY) or Biological Sciences (BL) or Physics (PH)|
|Mathematical Sciences||A minimum 1st class in B.Sc / equivalent degree with Mathematics as one of the subjects/ BE/B.Tech.||JAM 2020 in Mathematics (MA) or Mathematical Statistics (MS)|
|Physical Sciences||A minimum 1st class in B.Sc. / equivalent degree with Physics as one of the main subjects.||JAM 2020 in Physics (PH) or JEST 2020|
Research Ph.D. under External Registration Program (ERP)
- The eligibility criteria is the same regular candidates. Those who have qualified in any one of the national entrance tests like CSIR-UGC NET for JRF, UGC-NET for JRF, DBT JRF, ICMR JRF, GATE, NBHM will be eligible, though it is not mandatory. The candidate must have completed a minimum of 2 years of full-time employment in the current organization and must be sponsored officially by the employing organization. The GATE score should be valid as of January 2021. Candidates securing the valid GATE score for the years 2018/2019/2020 can apply.
- General / OBC: 800/-
- SC / ST / PwD: 400/-
- ERP candidates (all categories): 2000/-
Research Program PhD/M.Tech (research):
- Based on the merit secured in the National Entrance Test (NET) or a qualifying degree will be shortlisted for an interview.
Integrated PhD Programmes:
- Based on the JAM 2020 score for all the 4 disciplines and JEST 2020 for physical sciences, candidates will be shortlisted for interview. The criteria for selection will be as follows:
- Admission to Chemical Sciences is on the basis of performance in the Interview
- Admission to Biological, Physical and Mathematical Sciences is on the basis of performance in the qualifying examination and interview.
Research PhD under External Registration Program (ERP):
- Admission is on the basis of performance in the interview.
For any further details or queries regarding IISc Bangalore Ph.D. admission 2020 check the website at www.iisc.ac.in .