IIM Trichy Admission Criteria:
The Indian Institute of Management Trichy was established in 2011 and forms the 11th IIM in the country. IIM Trichy is spread on a campus spread over 175 acres and boasts of a competent faculty and state of the art facilities. The aim of IIM Trichy is to “emerge as a leading management institution with significant impact on business and society and to nurture a learning environment for the creation and dissemination of management knowledge of global standards and to develop leaders of enterprises who add value to society and nation building.” IIM Trichy admission criteria is clearly specified on the website of the institute.
IIM Trichy offers a variety of courses and these include the following:
- PGPM – HR
- E- FPM
- PGPBM (Chennai)
- The admission process includes the merit secured by the candidate in the CAT exam as the first step.
- The admission procedure is known as Common Admission Process or CAP. This comprises of 2 stages at IIM Trichy. These include the following:
- Personal Interview
- Written Ability test
- Candidates are shortlisted for PI and WAT.
- After the PI and WAT are done candidates are selected on the basis of merit.
The admission criteria for shortlisting for PI and WAT is as follows:
The CAT cut off percentile is mandatory for admission to IIM Trichy.
|Student Category||Quantitative Aptitude (Section 1)||Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (Section 2)||Verbal & Reading Comprehension (Section 3)||Total (Overall Percentile)|
Venue for PI and WAT are as follows:
The following will be the score criteria for admission to IIM Trichy:
- CAT score: 50% weightage
- Written Analysis Test (10% weightage): Vocabulary, content of writing and writing skills
- Personal Interview (18% weightage):
- Communication Skills
- Academic Ability
- Current Affairs & General Awareness
- Managerial & Leadership Abilities
- Co-curricular and Extra-curricular Activities
- Work experience: 5% weightage
- Performance at Undergraduate level: 10% weightage.
- Engineering / Technology: 0.6
- Science/Arts / Medicine (including Pharmacy)/Commerce / Economics / Management/other disciplines: 1.0
- Professional Qualification: 2% weightage (Pass in the final examinations of CA / ICWA/ CS)
- Gender Diversity: 5 % weightage for women candidates.
For any further details regarding IIM Trichy admission criteria check the website at https://www.iimtrichy.ac.in/pgpm-admin-criteria# .