IGNOU January 2020 Admissions:
The Indira Gandhi National Open University or IGNOU is one of the most prestigious universities in the country providing quality professional education through the distance learning mode. The university has released the IGNOU January 2020 admissions notification.
Here are the details of the IGNOU January 2020 admissions:
IGNOU invites application to 150 programs for its January 2020 session which includes various under graduate, post graduate, diploma and certificate courses. Interested candidates can download the application form from the official website at www.ignou.ac.in or https://onlineadmission.ignou.ac.in/admission/ or offline from the university campus.
Last date to submit completed application: 4th week of December 2019.
IGNOU grants admission to its various courses either on the basis of marks secured in the qualifying exam/ degree or through an entrance exam for various courses. For admission to B.Ed, a B.Ed entrance test is held, to MBA OPENMAT is held twice a year, OPENNET is held for admission to Nursing and many other exams are held to grant admission to the various courses being offered at IGNOU.
Date of OPENMAT and B.Ed Exam application: 31st January 2020
Last date to submit application: 29th February 2020
Date of exam: 29th April 2020
Age limit: There is no age limit for IGNOU January 2020 admissions.
- For management course: The candidate must have completed graduation degree along with a professional degree in either medicine/ engineering/ law/ ICAI/ ICWAI/ ICSI. The candidate must have secured a minimum 50% in graduation. The candidate must be able to qualify in the OPENMAT exam for admission to the program.
- For B.Ed program: The candidate must have completed graduation degree or master’s from a recognized university or must have completed BE or B.Tec with maths and science specialization with a minimum 55% marks. The candidate must have completed graduation or Master’s with a minimum of 50% marks in Humanities/ social science/ commerce/ science stream. The candidate must qualify the IGNOU B.Ed entrance exam to gain admission to the program.
- For B.Sc course: The candidate must have passed class 12th with Science subjects from a recognized board.
- For BCA course: The candidate must have completed class 12th from a recognized board.
- For BBA course: The candidate must have completed class 12th from a recognized board with a good percentage that fits into the merit list.
Application Fee: The application fee for all is 1000/- which must be paid through credit/ debit /net banking mode only.
The candidate must fill the application form along with the relevant details and the prescribed documents as specified at the website of IGNOU. The IGNOU January 2020 admissions are all conducted online.