How to Get Admission in Kendriya Vidyalaya For Private Employees:
The network of Kendriya Vidyalaya across the country makes quality education accessible for one and all. Established with the intent of providing a conducive environment to flourish in the school, Kendriya Vidyalaya caters to the many Central government employees which include defense and para military personnel. These schools also act as havens for education in far-flung areas for private employees as well. But the question arises how to get admission in Kendriya Vidyalaya for private employees?
Here are some tips on how to get admission in Kendriya Vidyalaya for private employees:
The Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan is the governing body of all Kendriya Vidyalayas across India. The schools offer admission from classes 1st to 12th to government employees and others as well. The application forms are released online. Interested candidates must log in to the website of KVS and register themselves. Kendriya Vidyalaya seats are divided into 5 categories of preference. These are as follows:
- 1st preference: Wards of Central Government employees including Defense and Para Military personnel.
- 2nd preference: Wards of Army and Ex-servicemen.
- 3rd preference: Wards of Government employees.
- 4th preference: Single Girl Child Quota
- 5th Preference: Wards of private employees or self-employed personnel.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission for Class 1
- Seat reservation: 15% of seats are reserved for SC and 7.5% seats are reserved for ST. 1
- RTE: 10 seats (out of 40 seats) in Class I per section are to be filled as per RTE Provisions. These 10 seats will be filled by draw of lots from all applications of SC/ST/EWS/BPL/OBC (Non-Creamy Layer).
- The remaining vacant seats will be filled as per the priority category system.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission for Classes 2nd to 8th
- No admission test is conducted for admission to class 2nd to 8th. Admission is granted on the basis of the priority category system. In case of applications exceeding the number of seats, a lottery system is followed for each category including single girl child quota (Class VI onwards).
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission for Class 9
- For admission to class 9th and admission test is conducted. Based on the merit, a list will be prepared separately for each category of priority. Admission will be granted in the sequence of priority categories, in the order of merit.
- Admission test will be conducted in the following subjects: Hindi, English, Maths, Social Science and Science.
- The duration of the test will be 3 hours and the total marks will be 100.
- To qualify candidates must secure 33% marks. Candidates belonging to SC/ST/Divyang category (PH) must secure 25% on average.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission for Class 11
- Admission to class 11th is based on the merit secured in the qualifying exam of class 10th. The cut off is as follows:
- Science: At least 60% marks aggregate in all subjects.
- Commerce: At least 55% marks aggregate in all subjects.
- Humanities: Students will be granted admission if they pass Class 10th exam.
How to get admission in Kendriya Vidyalaya for private employees is no longer a difficult task. The admission procedure is transparent and follows the priority category list. For any further details or queries check the KVS website at www.kvsonlineadmission.in.